Pet Friendly Home
» Dog Parks & Beaches
» Ontario (ON)
Ontario Dog Parks, Dog-Friendly Trails, Beaches and Off-Leash Areas
Do you know of a dog park in your local area that doesn't appear on this list?
Please let us know!
This list is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed
to be so. Park regulations may change from time to time.
Dog Parks & Beaches in Ontario
*** Dogs are allowed in Ontario's provincial parks except in a few designated campgrounds.
Some parks also have pet exercise and beach areas too -
click here for a list
Ancaster Dog Park
- Corporal Nathan Cirillo Leash Free Zone (previously Cinema Park) - 799 Golf Links Road
Gwen says: "Cinema Park is located at Meadowlands, 799 Golf Links Road
in Ancaster. This park is mostly fenced - the entrance is not. This is a 'valley' type dog park and is located
directly beside the Silvercity Theater. Easy access from 403 or Lincoln Alexander Parkway. The park is a large
grassy area with a walking path around the perimeter. There's also a stream at one end - however it tends to
get murky in the summer. Patrons who visit the park have been kind enough to leave a couple of park benches
and bowls for water."
Update from Ron C.: "The City of Hamilton has done some upgrades since
the post above for Ancaster Dog Park,
with the area being fully fenced with double gate entry, benches and new trees. This park is leash free."
Angus Dog Park
- Sandra says: "Wildflower Park is a fenced, off-leash
dog park located at 42 McCarthy Crescent in Angus, Ontario."
Ajax Dog Parks
The Town of Ajax has two leash-free dog parks:
- Greenwood Conservation Area - Located north on Westney Road, north of Taunton Road
Jenn says: "The Greenwood Off-Leash Area is located at
Concession 5 and Church in Ajax, Ontario. This off-leash dog park is great. Located north of
Taunton Road, it is connected to a trail system and forested area."
- Westney & Clements Roads Off-Leash Area - Located on the west side of Westney Road South, north of Clements Road.
Aurora Dog Park
- Helen C. says: "Aurora's Canine Commons
is a 4.5 acre off-leash park located on Industrial Parkway North at St. John's Road."
Barrie Dog Parks
The City of Barrie has two Dog Off Leash Recreation Areas:
- Barrie Molson Centre DOLRA - 555 Bayview Drive
Two separate, fenced areas: a 0.25 acre area for small dogs (up to 30 pounds), and a 1.8 acre area for all dogs, regardless of size or weight.
Dogs are also allowed off-leash in the unsecured natural area beyond the pens. Park in the north BMC parking lot to access the walk-in entrance.
- Sunnidale Park DOLRA - Sunnidale Road
Located in a natural, rolling setting with earthern footpaths. This 7.15 acre off-leash
area is double-gated with 4' wire mesh fencing. Park at the Dorian Parker Centre or along Sunnidale Road.
Belleville/Quinte Dog Parks
- Pooch Path at the Quinte Conservation area
This path is NOT fenced, and is provided for those who wish to hike with their dogs.
- Quinte Dog Park - located at East Zwick's park
3-acre, double-gated, fully-fenced park. Bring your own dog bags.
Sawyer P. says: "Belleville Dog Park is located in East Zwick's park. It's fenced, has dog bags, and a trail system.
There are 2 fenced-off sections - 1 larger one for most dogs, and a smaller one if you want to keep your dog away from the
Brampton Dog Parks
- The City of Brampton has several off-leash areas
(open from dawn until dusk). Dog owners must have vaccinated, licensed and neutered/spayed their dogs prior to using these parks.
- Bramalea Community Park Off-Leash Area - Highway 410 and Williams Parkway
Two separate, fenced areas (one for smaller dogs, the other for medium and larger dogs);
also features two dog agility areas.
- Chris Gibson Park Off-Leash Area - McLaughlin Road North and Flowertown Avenue behind the Chris Gibson Recreation Centre
Park at the east side parking lot; off-leash area will be visible.
- Duggan Park Off-Leash Area - Located between Centre Street and Ken Whillans Drive (south of Vodden Street).
Brantford Dog Park
- Dogford Park - Off Leash Dog Park -
located on the west side of Gilkison Street, south of Colborne Street West and just past the Veteran's Memorial Parkway overpass.
Linda says: "There is a dog park in Brantford, Ontario in the west
end. Go over the bridge into West Brant, turn left at the first stop light (Gilkison)
and the park is down along the river on your right. Large fenced in area with benches
Brockville Dog Park
- Brockville Off-Leash Dog Park - 138 Broadway Ave, behind the youth arena
Two large, enclosed areas - the first is for large dogs, the other for small dogs and puppies.
Bowmanville Dog Park
- Bowmanville Off-Leash Dog Park - located south of Highway 401 in the Bowmanville Harbour Conservation Area.
Danielle says: "The Bowmanville Off-Leash Dog Park
at 401 and Liberty Street is one of our favourite dog parks near the GTA. There are 2 fully fenced areas -
one just for small dogs and puppies and one for larger dogs. It's fenced, has dog bags, parking, and picnic
Burlington Dog Parks
- City of Burlington Leash-Free Dog Parks:
- Bayview Park (W.A.G. Park: Where Animals Gather) - 1800 King Road, north of the North Service Road
Corinne says: "There is a leash free park at Bayview Park on King Road North
in Burlington. It is past the North Service Road. From 403, exit on Waterdown Road,
turn left, right on North Service Road, left on King Road. Very nice with a lovely view. Friendly
owners and well behaved dogs! Fenced an with smaller trees, grass, wood chips."
- Roly Bird Park - 2203 Industrial St.
Marsha V. says: "Roly Bird Dog Park is located
on the North Service Rd (East of Brant St). It is a small, but nice dog park. Features a double gate,
garbage bins for poop, fences all around in the shape of an 'L'."
- Norton Park - 4275 Dundas Street, NW corner of Cornerstone Drive
Ken L. says: "The Norton Off-Leash Dog Park
is located at Dundas & Cornerstone in Burlington. It's fenced and has a double-gated entrance.
There is a smaller area for small dogs. Very open area. Dress warm in winter as winds are usually strong."
Bronte Creek Provincial Park also offers two leash-free pet exercise areas.
- Virginia A. says: "In Burlington, Ontario, there's a great leash-free
area within Bronte Park Provincial Park. There is a small park admission fee
(half and full-year passes available), but the leash free zone features trails for
owners and dogs to walk so the dogs aren't bunched up in corners. Leashed dogs are
welcome in the rest of the park zones. To reach the leash-free area, exit at Burloak
Drive (from the QEW). Turn north and the park entrance is just above Mainway on the
right hand side of the road."
Cambridge Dog Park
- Cambridge Leash-Free Dog Park - Maple Grove Road, just east of Boxwood Avenue
Ria says: "There is a dog park at Maple Grove Road - Off Hwy 24, North of 401.
A good size park that is completely open for good viewing of what your dog or other dogs
are doing. There are a couple of picnic tables that people use for sitting on... but this
is also a drawback as then they are not always supervising their dogs when they should
be. I have seen a number of squabbles arise due to owner not supervising their dog's
behaviour... as well as a small dog being mauled. :( A lot of great owners/dogs there
most of the time... but at other times it's not the place I'd want to be. Please supervise
your pet at all times. Facilities: fenced, gated entrances with additional gate to
enter, ground cover is grass with dirt, open space with a couple smaller trees."
Chatham-Kent Dog Parks
- Chatham-Kent has two Dog Off Leash Recreation Areas (DOLRA):
- John Waddell Park - 59 Water Street, Chatham
Fenced area; river access on the north side; naturalized 2 hectare (4.1 acres) wooded area with trails. Double-gated entrance. Amenities include parking, sitting areas, and garbage cans.
- Happy Tails Dog Park - 181 Baldoon Road, Wallaceburg
1 hectare (2.5 acres); mature trees that provide shade; double-gated entrances; picnic tables; benches and parking.
Collingwood Dog Park
- Pawplar Park "Dog Town" - Poplar and Hwy 24
B.W. says: "Collingwood has a large, treed dog park on Poplar side road."
Fergus Dog Park
- Fergus Dog Park - 840 Glengarry Cres.
Rachael B. says: "The Fergus Dog Park is a beautiful site, well maintained,
where dog owners are very friendly and there is lots of room to run and throw a ball. The dogs love it!
Facilities: Grass with mulch path, large open space, agility equipment, water tap, poop bags provided."
Fort Erie Dog Park
- Lions Sugarbowl Dog Park - 100 Gilmore Road
Fenced 1 acre; grassy and treed parkland of undulating terrain; open dawn to dusk, 7 days per week; park beside the Central Fire Station.
Cole says: "The Sugarbowl Dog Park is located in Fort Erie at Gilmore
and Central Ave. It's well-kept, with a small hill, not much shade though..."
Georgina Dog Park
- Georgina's Leash-Free Dog Park - Adeline Drive and Lake Drive South, Keswick
Rich says: "The Keswick Dog Park is located at 685 Lake Drive South,
just north of Ravenshoe Rd. On Lake Drive. It's a fully fenced, 1.5 acre leash-free dog park."
Goderich Dog Park
- Goderich Dog Park/Beach - south of the Cove Beach, at the very end of Cove Road
- Sunset Dog Park - Sunset Drive & Warren Street
Linda M. says: "Sunset Dog Park is located at Sunset Drive & Warren Street.
Fenced and byob. Nice little park."
Grand Bend Dog Beach
- Pinery Provincial Park Dog Beach - located by Picnic Area 1.
Dogs must be leashed at all times! Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
Melissa says: "There's a very popular dog beach at Pinery Provincial Park in
Grand Bend. Great place to socialize your dog and get them used to sand and water."
Guelph Dog Park
- The City of Guelph offers designated leash-free zones for dogs
in the following parks:
- Riverside Regional Park - 709 Woolwich Street
- Norm Jary Park - 22 Shelldale Crescent
- Margaret Greene Regional Park - 80 Westwood Road
- Lee Street Park - 71 Lee Street
- Centennial Park - 373/ 377 College Avenue West
- Crane Park - 96 Dovercliffe Road
- Eramosa River Park - 259 Victoria Road South
- John Gamble Park - 594 Kortright Road West
Halton Hills Dog Parks
- Cedarvale Park Leash-Free Zone - 135 Maple Avenue East, Georgetown
Located next to Silver Creek; mixture of grass and wood chip terrain.
- Prospect Park Leash-Free Zone - 30 Park Avenue, Acton
Sue W. - "The Acton
Off-Leash Dog Park is located in Prospect Park in Acton, Ontario. It's a large park with trees for
shade and a picnic bench. A metal bowl is available but you must cart in your own drinking water. Can
be a bit muddy in the spring or after a hard rain."
Hamilton Dog Parks
- The City of Hamilton has several fenced, off-leash dog exercise areas:
- Hamilton SPCA Dog Park - 245 Dartnall Road
- Heritage Green Dog Park - 447 1st Road West
- Hill Street Dog Park - 13 Hill Street
- Birch Avenue Dog Park - Between Brant Street and Princess Street on West side.
Located behind the City's Operation building at 330 Wentworth Street.
- Borer's Falls Dog Park - 491 York Road, at the corner of York Road and Valley Road
Tracy C. says: "Borer's Dog Park is located in Dundas, Ontario, at
Old York Road & Valley Road. The park is leash-free and fenced-in."
- Cathedral Dog Park - 707 King Street West
No parking; walk from Main Street.
Hawkesbury Dog Park
- Hawkesbury Dog Park - rue Philippe
Lynda B. says: "The Hawkesbury Dog Park
is fenced and offers dog bags. The park is about 30000 square feet with 2 separate sections: 1 for small dogs & 1 larger dogs. Open 7 am - 8 pm."
Kincardine Dog Park
Kitchener-Waterloo Dog Parks
- McLennan Park Leash-Free Park - 901 Ottawa St. S., Kitchener
Ria says: "A smaller park - but the dogs I've met there were all well socialized with great manners and
had owners that were observant of what they were doing. Facilities: fenced,
gated entrances, water tap, ground cover is grass with dirt, a few benches for
people to sit on as well as a groomed path through a wooded section."
- Bechtel Park Leash-Free Dog Area - 185 Bridge St. W., Waterloo
Two-hectare (five-acre) fenced space; open daily sunrise to sunset.
- Kiwanis Park Leash-Free Dog Park - 1000 Kiwanis Park Drive, Kitchener
Leash-free area is located approximately 1km from pool and parking area.
Lindsay Dog Park
- Howlers Corners Off-leash Dog Park - 277 Kenrei (Park) Road, north of Lindsay
Paula W. says:
"Howlers Corners off-leash dog park is located in the Ken Reid Conservation Area in Lindsay, Ontario. There are trails, benches, trees, and many on-leash
trails in the conservation area. My dog Nikita and I LOVE it and have been there since it opened. Having the park
administration building right there and surveillance cameras it is a well looked after park. Communications is
excellent on the Facebook site as far as
concerns about the park being heard and dealt with in good time."
London Dog Parks
- Off-leash parks in the City of London:
- Greenway Off-leash Area - Greenside Avenue, off of Springbank Drive
Fully fenced; offers an open area and trails through a naturalized area; separate area for small dogs with a separate entrace; double-gated; garbage containers; benches.
- Pottersburg-FIDO Off-leash Area - Hamilton Road at Gore Road
Completely fenced section as well as an open section marked by boundary signs; trails through naturalized areas; separate area for small dogs; double-gated; garbage cans, picnic tables and benches.
- Stoney Creek Off-leash Area - Adelaide Street North at Windermere Road
Fully fenced; open area and trails through a naturalized area; separate area for small dogs; amenities include parking, double-gated entrances, garbage containers, benches. Site is located on a flood plain may be subject to flooding.
Madoc Dog Park
- Madoc's Off Leash Dog Park - 38 Burnside Road
Open seasonally, April 1 to November 1, dawn to dusk. Fenced area about 1.5 acres in size, with lots of clear space for dogs and owners to mingle; parking lot on-site.
Markham Dog Park
Marmora Dog Park
- Marmora Off-Leash Dog Park - Cameron St and Matthew St. (Behind Legion Park)
Alex M. says: "The Marmora Off-Leash Dog Park
is fenced, has dog bags, access to water, and a public swimming area. It's a little park,
but it's nice for the locals! You get to it through a hard-to-see driveway behind the red
Midland Dog Parks
- The Town of Midland has two dog parks (located within other parks).
Dog Owners must pre-register (no fees apply). Dogs must have a current valid dog tag. Dog parks are open from May 1st to October 31st.
- Little Lake Park - 606 Little Lake Park Road
- Tiffin Park - 539 William Street
Milton Dog Parks
- Central Bark - Cedar Hedge Park West - 230 Cedar Hedge Road
Deanne J. says: "Central Bark is fenced, has a separate dog run for
older dogs, fenced-in play area for children, and benches. There are always dogs there. Volunteers take care
of the park and emptying garbage bins. Annual lawn rejuvenation allows for great conditions year round."
- Dogs Ruhl - Sunny Mount Park - 255 Ruhl Drive
Mississauga Dog Parks
- Leash-free zones in the City of Mississauga:
- Etobicoke Valley Park - Dundas Street & Southcreek Road
Naturalized area (watch for wildlife).
- Garnetwood Park - Burnhamthorpe Road East, east of Pony Trail Drive
Fenced 1.5 acres; scenic setting with walking trails and large trees for shade; parking available;
seasonal public restrooms; lighted in the summer until 11pm.
- Hershey SportsZone South (also called Parkway Belt Dog Park) - Kennedy Road, north of Eglinton Avenue, west on Indian Summer Trail
Fenced 3.2 acres; double-gated; located on a hill so can get windy. Bring your own water.
- Jack Darling Park - 1180 Lakeshore Road West, west of Lorne Park Road
Huge park! Fenced 22 acres; pathways; water tap.
- Lakeside Park - 2266 Lakeshore Road West, south of Royal Windsor Drive
Fenced 1.6 acres; double-gated; walking path; drinking water (seasonal); washrooms; parking.
- Quenippenon Park - West side of Erin Mills Parkway, north of Erin Centre Drive
Two fenced areas (total of 1.4 acres).
- Totoredaca Park - Meadowvale Boulevard, north of Meadowpines Road
Fenced 3.5 acres.
Morrisburg Dog Park
- South Dundas Dog Park - 6-84 Canada Way Drive
Juli says: "The Morrisburg Dog Park
is located at Canada Way Drive in Morrisburg. There are two full fenced-in off-leash areas -
one for small dogs and the another for all dogs. Water fountain, shade and benches.
I've visited many dog parks and have never seen one as nice as the Morrisburg dog park
(construction completed July 2011). It's easy to tell a lot of time and thought
went into planning it. It's a great stop if you're enroute between Toronto and Montreal
on the 401 with your pups. Exit 750 at Morrisburg, south - drive straight past lights
and stop sign, and then turn left on Canada Way. Dog park is on left, across from the beach."
Newmarket Dog Park
- Global Pet Foods Dog Park - 220 Bayview Parkway
Large park; separate sections for small and large dogs; trees, wood chip surfaces, viewing areas, and benches.
Niagara Falls Dog Parks
- Niagara Falls Dog Park - Mountain Road and Dorchester Road, at Fireman's Park
Shaina says: "Niagara Falls Dog Park has
a small dog area and large dog area that are both fenced with dog bags and garbage
bins provided in the parks. There are a few mature trees for shade, a trail for
walking around the park and a doggy fountain/shower on the outside of the dog park.
It's my favourite dog park of the area."
Oakville Dog Parks
- Oakville offers several leash-free dog parks:
- Glenashton Park - 1051 Glenashton Drive
- Kingsford Gardens - 2667 Kingsway Drive
- North Park - 3070 Neyagawa Boulevard
- Palermo Park - 2345 Dundas Street West
- Post Park - 512 Macdonald Road
- Shell Park - 3307 Lakeshore Road West
Ria - Location: Shell park, on Lakeshore, west of Hwy 25.
"A good size park that is completely open for good viewing of what your dog or
other dogs are doing. There are a couple of picnic tables that people use for sitting
on... but this is also a drawback as then they are not always supervising their dogs
when they should be. Most owners keep an eye on their dogs though. There is also a
small fenced area for small dogs only! Facilities: fenced, gated entrances, water
tap, ground cover is grass with dirt, open space with a couple smaller trees for shade."
Orangeville Dog Park
- Orangeville Off-Leash Dog Park - Hansen Boulevard, opposite Victor Large Way
Shawn says: "Located on Hansen Drive behind the mall.
Two seperate fenced areas for small and large breeds, pooper scoopers, garbage cans, picnic tables
and benches, lots of parking and plenty of room to run. No shade or water, bring your own!"
Orillia Dog Parks
- City of Orillia Off-Leash Dog Zones
- Clayt French Park - Atlantis Drive
Nicole says: "Clayt French Dog Park is located at
144 Atlantis Drive in Orillia. It is fenced, and offers dog bags, a nearby children's play area,
and water is provided."
- Kitchener Park - Kitchen Street, south of the intersection of West Street South and Hwy 12
Dale says: "Kitchener Park is on the shores of Lake Simcoe,
located at the bottom of West Street and Hwy 12. Plenty of space to let your pet roam free, fenced-in
area, just watch though the fence area doesn't go down all the way down to the water in the far corner
section. Wood chips are spread around the trails making it nice to walk on. There are a couple of
picnic tables there also to sit and rest at. Behind the baseball diamonds. Leash-free."
Oshawa Dog Parks
- Happy Tails Bark Park
Caroline E. says: "Happy Tails Bark Park
is a 1-acre fenced park centrally located to Oshawa, Bowmanville, and Port Perry.
Open year round, 7 days a week during daylight hours. Contact them for directions."
- Harmony Valley Dog Park - Grandview Street North
Daniela P. says: "In Oshawa (Durham Region) we have an 'official'
leash free dog park - part of Harmony Conservation
Area. It's a very nicely maintained park, where volunteers as well as Oshawa Park authority have done
a wonderful job."
(thanks also to Earl P. for providing the link to the Harmony Conservation Area)
Ottawa Dog Parks
- See the list of leash-optional dog parks in The City of Ottawa
(we've placed them on a separate page because there are so many!).
The National Capital Commision also has several off-leash parks for dogs
in the Ottawa-Gatineau Region:
- Bruce Pit - RR 23 Cedarview Road
Huge fenced in dog park; combination of wide-open spaces and wooded areas.
- Conroy Pit - 3136 Conroy Road
Combination of gravel trails and wooded trails.
- Hampton Park
- Pine Hill
- Rockcliffe–Hillsdale - Hillsdale Road
- Stanley Avenue Park
- Brewer Pond Dog Park - 151 Brewer Way
- David Bartlett Park - 5201 Mclean, Manotick
Owen Sound Dog Park
- Mayor & Friends Leash Free Dog Park - 1st Ave East, along the inner harbour
Mary P. says: "Small but pleasant leash-free park
located at 1st Ave East, near the downtown harbour on the east side."
Parry Sound Dog Parks
- Town of Parry Sound Off-Leash Areas:
- Rugged Fitness Trail - Salt Dock Road, along the shoreline north-west of the Salt Docks
- Yvonne Williams Park Dog Obedience Training Area - William St. and Mill Lake Rd.
- Killbear Pet Exercise Area - in Killbear Provincial Park
Off-leash dog beach is located near the Group Camping area. Dogs must be leashed in all other areas.
Penetanguishene Dog Park
- Dog Beach at Awenda Provincial Park
Katie says: "Awenda Provincial Park
has a pet-friendly dog beach. Fantastic dog beach. We have been there many times and it's always a fun, friendly environment."
Editor's Note: According to the Ontario Parks website, this is NOT AN OFF-LEASH BEACH. Pets must be kept on leash no more than two metres in length.
Peterborough Dog Park
- Peterborough Off-Leash Dog Park - Ashburnham Drive, north of Lansdowne Street East
Park offers two large pods for larger dogs, with one pod containing a smaller unit for tiny dogs.
Open daylight hours. See the Peterborough Dog Club website for
- Peterborough West Animal Hospital Dog Park - 2605 Stewart Line
Troy says: "The Peterborough West Animal Hospital dog park
is 3/4 acre, fenced, and pick up bags are provided. It's small but it's free. This vet put up the
fencing etc. on his own time and money. The regulars all have good dogs of all sizes from little
ankle high things to Great Danes that will play with all types of dogs."
Pickering Dog Parks
- Grand Valley Park Leash-Free Areas - Third Concession, west of Valley Farm Road
Offers two leash-free areas: the main area is fenced and gated, and located west of the parking lot at the bottom of the hill.
The second area, meant for those with mobility issues or for those with small dogs, is the fenced and gated area right by the parking lot.
Please keep dogs are leashed until they enter the leash-free zones.
Port Burwell Dog Beach
- Port Burwell Provincial Park Pet Exercise Area
Lori P. says: "Port Burwell Provincial Park
has a posted section of beach just for dogs. It is a
FANTASTIC beach for enjoying with the whole family. Clean white sand. Water is shallow
and sandy bottom, safe for whole family to enjoy!"
Port Colborne Dog Park
Port Elgin Dog Park
Quinte West Dog Park
Richmond Hill Dog Parks
- Richmond Hill Off-Leash Dog Areas:
- Phyllis Rawlinson Park Off Leash Dog Area - north of 19th Avenue off Leslie Street
Fenced, 1 hectare site; separate small dog area; double-gated entry; bathroom facilities; parking.
- Tower Hill Off Leash Dog Area - south of Tower Hill Road, west of Yonge Street
Fenced, 3/4 hectare site; separate small dog area; double-gated entry and exit.
St. Catharines Dog Parks
- City of St. Catharines Leash-Free Dog Parks:
- Burgoyne Woods - 70 Edgedale Road
Debbie C. says: "Burgoyne Woods dog park
has small dog and large dog fenced parks and free parking. Parking area is not open
in the winter - you can still access the dog park on foot."
- Catherine Street Park - 69 Catherine St. (Russell Avenue and Catherine Street)
Sarah W. says: "The Catherine Street Park is fenced
and has dog bags. Fairly small but open area, usually supplied with wood chips to keep mud to
a minimum. All open, no shade."
St. Thomas Dog Parks
- The St. Thomas Dog Owner's Association operates two off-leash dog parks:
- Kettle Creek Dog Park - 44070 Mapleton Line
Located behind Dan Paterson Conservation Area.
- Lions Club Dog Park - 40038 Fingal Road
Located in a ravine area.
Sarnia Dog Park
Seaforth Dog Park
- Seaforth Dog Park - Main Street
Mike W. says: "The Seaforth Dog Park is a nice, large,
fully fenced-in area to let your dogs run and play. Waste bags and garbages provided."
Stouffville Dog Park
Strathroy Dog Parks
Stratford Dog Park
- Stratford Leash-Free Dog Park - Packham Road and Dunn Road
Fenced with double-gated entry; 6 acres; combination of forest and open fields, plus a creek. Well-lit.
Sudbury Dog Parks
- Minnow Lake Dog Park - corner of Donna Drive and Second Avenue North
Pierre P. says: The Minnow Lake Dog Park has two off-leash dog
areas: one for small/older dogs and another for larger dogs. The small/older dog fenced off-leash dog area
is approx. 100 x 300 feet; large dog area is 100 x 320 feet. Entrance to park is off Second Avenue North.
Bring water and bags just in case we've run out.
- Azilda Dog Park - Municipal Road 15
Thamesford Dog Park
- Thamesford Off Leash Dog Park - Allen Street
Parking available; beautiful river views.
Len B. says: "There is an off-leash dog park at Grace Patterson Park in Thamesford,
by Hwy 119, north of Hwy 2. It's fenced, double-gated, and has benches."
Thunder Bay Dog Parks
- Off-leash areas in the City of Thunder Bay:
- Former Ball Diamond / Port Arthur Stadium - Beverly Street and Winnipeg Avenue
Intended for smaller dogs; fully-fenced.
- Hillyard Lands - Carrick Street
Approximately 75 metres wide by 500 metres long; bound by natural buffers and drainage ditches; located between Memorial Avenue and 8th Avenue.
Timmins Dog Park
- Riverview Off-Leash Dog Park - 30 Mattagami Blvd
Rob M. says: "Riverview Dog Park
is 2 acres, fully fenced in, bags supplied. This park is free to all open
24/7/365 days a year. There is parking for 40 cars."
Toronto Dog Parks
- Dog Off-Leash Locations in the City of Toronto.
Check park signage for designated areas and hours.
- Allan Gardens (west end - fenced) - 160 Gerrard Street East
Small-ish but pretty park. Fenced.
- Barbara Hall Park (fenced) - 519 Church Street at Wellesley Street East
- Bayview Arena Park (fenced) - 3230 Bayview Ave.
- Beresford Park - 400 Beresford Ave.
- Bickford Park - 400 Grace Street at Harbord Street
- Botany Hill Park (fenced) - 277 Orton Park Rd.
- Cassels Avenue Playground - 69 Cassels Avenue at Brookside Avenue
- Cedarvale Park (fenced) - 1611 Bathurst Street at Lonsdale Road
- Cherry Beach (fenced) - located at the foot of Cherry Street
- Clarence Square (fenced) - 25 Clarence Square
- Colonel Danforth Park (fenced) - 130 Old Kingston Rd.
- Colonel Sam Smith Park - 1 Colonel Sam Smith Park Dr.
- Coronation Park (fenced) - 711 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- Craigleigh Gardens - 160 South Drive.
- David Crombie Park - 131 to 171 The Esplanade at Lower Sherbourne Street
- Don Russell Memorial Park - Birmingham Street at Faustina Drive
- Don Valley Brick Works (fenced) - 550 Bayview Avenue
- Earl Bales Park (fenced) - 4169 Bathurst St.
Kirill says: "Earl Bales Park is
a great off-leash area, great group of people. Winter offers public golf
course that is dog friendly."
- Earlscourt Park (fenced) - 1200 Lansdowne Ave.
- Frank Faubert Wood Lot (Hand of God Park) (fenced) - 185 Borough Drive
- G. Ross Lord Park (fenced) - 4801 Dufferin St.
Large open grassy area; fenced with two double-gated entrances/exits; benches.
- Gerrard Carlaw Parkette (fenced) - 855 Gerrard St. E.
- Greenwood Park (fenced) - 150 Greenwood Avenue at Dundas Street East
- Hideaway Park (fenced) - 23 Audley Ave.
- High Park (designated area, fenced) - 1873 Bloor Street West at Parkside Drive
Designated off-leash trails; also has a fenced area with benches and a drinking fountain for your dog.
- Hillcrest Park - 950 Davenport Road at Christie
- Humber Bay Park West (fenced) - 2225 Lake Shore Blvd. W.
- Linkwood Lane Park (fenced) - 10 Linkwood Lane
- Kew Gardens (partially fenced; on the beach area delineated by the fencing) - 2075 Queen Street East at Lee Avenue
- King's Mill Park - 1 Humber Valley Rd.
- L'Amoreaux (fenced) - 1900 McNicoll Avenue
- Marie Curtis Park (fenced) - 2 Forty Second Street, Lakeshore and Browns Line
- Merrill Bridge Road Park - 1 East Lynn Ave.
- Monarch Park - 115 Hanson Street at CNR tracks
- Norwood Park (fenced) - 16 Norwood Road, Woodbine & Gerrard Street
- Oakcrest Parkette - 30 Oakcrest Avenue at Woodbine Avenue
- Orphan's Greenspace (fenced) - 51 Power St.
- Park Drive Reservation Lands - 200 Park Drive at Mt. Pleasant Road
- Ramsden Park - 215 Avenue Road
- Riverdale Park East - 550 Broadview Ave
- Riverdale Park West - 375 Sumach Street at Carlton Street, southeast of Riverdale Farm
- Scarborough Heights Park (fenced) - 27 Fishleigh Drive
- Sherwood Park (fenced) - 190 Sherwood Avenue
Off-leash area lies within a fenced-off trail area. Please check posted signage.
- Silver Birch Park - stretches from the foot of Silverbirch Ave. to the foot of Nursewood Rd.
- Sir Casimir Gzowski Park (fenced) - 2001 Lakeshore Blvd. W.
- Sir Winston Churchill Park (fenced) - 301 St. Clair Ave. W.
- Sorauren Avenue Park (fenced) - 289 Sorauren Ave.
- South Stanley Park (fenced) - 845 King Street West
- Stan Wadlow Park (fenced) - 888 Cosburn Ave.
- St. Andrew's Playground (fenced) - 450 Adelaide St. W.
- Sunnybrook Park (fenced) - below the Sunnybrook Hospital
Located on the west side of the West Don River.
- Thomson Memorial Park (fenced) - 1005 Brimley Ave.
- Thompson Street Parkette (fenced) - 120 Broadview Ave
- Trinity Bellwoods Park - 790 Queen Street West at Shaw Street
Popular park, can get very crowded! Note that the off-leash area is NOT fenced.
- Vermont Square - 819 Palmerston Ave.
- Warden Woods Park (fenced) - Pharmacy Ave.
- Wildwood Crescent Playground (fenced) - 110 Wildwood Crescent
- Withrow Park (fenced) - 725 Logan Avenue at Danforth Ave.
- Woburn Park (fenced) - Woburn Park is located just east of Bathurst off of Cranbrooke Drive
NW section of the park. Small, off-leash area is fenced and covered in gravel. Double-gated.
- Wychwood Car Barns Park (fenced) - 76 Wychwood Ave
- Yonge and York Mills (fenced)- 4070 Yonge St.
Located near the GO / TTC parking lot. Double-gated, smaller park. Covered in a combination of grass and dirt (so can get muddy on wet days), and with lots of trees for shade.
Vaughan Dog Park
- City of Vaughan Off-Leash Dog Park - located at Concord/Thornhill Regional Park, 299 Racco Parkway
Jeff B. says: "Dog park located at Dufferin/Hwy 7 (Racco Parkway at end of Concord/Thornhill Sports Park).
Two sections - 1 for large, 1 for small dogs, dog bags provided."
Wasaga Beach Dog Parks
- Wasaga Beach Dog Park - beside the RecPlex at 1724 Mosley Street
Jennifer S. says: "There is a dog beach and off leash area at Wasaga Beach,
Ontario. Love these places and highly recommend them!"
- Beachfront Dog Park - Beach Area #3
Waterloo Dog Parks
- see: Kitchener-Waterloo Dog Parks
Wiarton Dog Park
- Tayja's Doggy Park - 108 Division Street, at the Dan Davidson Ball Diamond
Lisa O. says: "The Wiarton Dog Park is lcoated at the ball diamond
near Howells Fish Market. It's fenced, bags are provided, there are treed areas, and a shaded gazebo with
Windsor Dog Parks
- Off-Leash Dog Parks within the City of Windsor:
- Broadway Dog Park - Broadway Street between Linsell Street and Scotten Avenue
- Ford Test Track Dog Park - 3001 Seminole Drive, north end of the park
- Optimist Memorial Dog Park - 1075 Ypres Boulevard
- Remington Booster Dog Park - 701 Edinborough Street
Woodstock Dog Parks
- City of Woodstock Leash Free Parks:
- Leash Free Park #1 - Henry St. between Butler St. and Finkle St.
Fully-fenced 6.4 acres (2.6 ha); naturalization area; parking available.
- Leash Free Park #2 - Roth Park (south shore of Pittock Lake)
Fully-fenced 2.47 acres (1 ha); public washrooms (seasonal); parking available.
Is your favourite dog park missing from this list? Tell us about it!
Please note: we do not list private or membership-based parks.