Pet Friendly Home
» Dog Parks & Beaches
» Ontario (ON)
Ontario Dog Parks, Dog-Friendly Trails, Beaches and Off-Leash Areas
Do you know of a dog park in your local area that doesn't appear on this list?
Please let us know!
This list is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed
to be so. Park regulations may change from time to time.
Dog Parks & Beaches in Ontario
*** Dogs are allowed in Ontario's provincial parks except in a few designated campgrounds.
Some parks also have pet exercise and beach areas too -
click here for a list
Ancaster Dog Park
- Corporal Nathan Cirillo Leash Free Zone (previously Cinema Park) - 799 Golf Links Road
Gwen says: "Cinema Park is located at Meadowlands, 799 Golf Links Road
in Ancaster. This park is mostly fenced - the entrance is not. This is a 'valley' type dog park and is located
directly beside the Silvercity Theater. Easy access from 403 or Lincoln Alexander Parkway. The park is a large
grassy area with a walking path around the perimeter. There's also a stream at one end - however it tends to
get murky in the summer. Patrons who visit the park have been kind enough to leave a couple of park benches
and bowls for water."
Update from Ron C.: "The City of Hamilton has done some upgrades since
the post above for Ancaster Dog Park,
with the area being fully fenced with double gate entry, benches and new trees. This park is leash free."
Angus Dog Park
- Sandra says: "Wildflower Park is a fenced, off-leash
dog park located at 42 McCarthy Crescent in Angus, Ontario."
Ajax Dog Parks
The Town of Ajax has two leash-free dog parks:
- Greenwood Conservation Area - Located north on Westney Road, north of Taunton Road
Jenn says: "The Greenwood Off-Leash Area is located at
Concession 5 and Church in Ajax, Ontario. This off-leash dog park is great. Located north of
Taunton Road, it is connected to a trail system and forested area."
- Westney & Clements Roads Off-Leash Area - Located on the west side of Westney Road South, north of Clements Road.
Aurora Dog Park
- Helen C. says: "Aurora's Canine Commons
is a 4.5 acre off-leash park located on Industrial Parkway North at St. John's Road."
Barrie Dog Parks
The City of Barrie has two Dog Off Leash Recreation Areas:
- Barrie Molson Centre DOLRA - 555 Bayview Drive
Two separate, fenced areas: a 0.25 acre area for small dogs (up to 30 pounds), and a 1.8 acre area for all dogs, regardless of size or weight.
Dogs are also allowed off-leash in the unsecured natural area beyond the pens. Park in the north BMC parking lot to access the walk-in entrance.
- Sunnidale Park DOLRA - Sunnidale Road
Located in a natural, rolling setting with earthern footpaths. This 7.15 acre off-leash
area is double-gated with 4' wire mesh fencing. Park at the Dorian Parker Centre or along Sunnidale Road.
Belleville/Quinte Dog Parks
- Pooch Path at the Quinte Conservation area
This path is NOT fenced, and is provided for those who wish to hike with their dogs.
- Quinte Dog Park - located at East Zwick's park
3-acre, double-gated, fully-fenced park. Bring your own dog bags.
Sawyer P. says: "Belleville Dog Park is located in East Zwick's park. It's fenced, has dog bags, and a trail system.
There are 2 fenced-off sections - 1 larger one for most dogs, and a smaller one if you want to keep your dog away from the
Brampton Dog Parks
- The City of Brampton has several off-leash areas
(open from dawn until dusk). Dog owners must have vaccinated, licensed and neutered/spayed their dogs prior to using these parks.
- Bramalea Community Park Off-Leash Area - Highway 410 and Williams Parkway
Two separate, fenced areas (one for smaller dogs, the other for medium and larger dogs);
also features two dog agility areas.
- Chris Gibson Park Off-Leash Area - McLaughlin Road North and Flowertown Avenue behind the Chris Gibson Recreation Centre
Park at the east side parking lot; off-leash area will be visible.
- Duggan Park Off-Leash Area - Located between Centre Street and Ken Whillans Drive (south of Vodden Street).
Brantford Dog Park
- Dogford Park - Off Leash Dog Park -
located on the west side of Gilkison Street, south of Colborne Street West and just past the Veteran's Memorial Parkway overpass.
Linda says: "There is a dog park in Brantford, Ontario in the west
end. Go over the bridge into West Brant, turn left at the first stop light (Gilkison)
and the park is down along the river on your right. Large fenced in area with benches
Brockville Dog Park
- Brockville Off-Leash Dog Park - 138 Broadway Ave, behind the youth arena
Two large, enclosed areas - the first is for large dogs, the other for small dogs and puppies.
Bowmanville Dog Park
- Bowmanville Off-Leash Dog Park - located south of Highway 401 in the Bowmanville Harbour Conservation Area.
Danielle says: "The Bowmanville Off-Leash Dog Park
at 401 and Liberty Street is one of our favourite dog parks near the GTA. There are 2 fully fenced areas -
one just for small dogs and puppies and one for larger dogs. It's fenced, has dog bags, parking, and picnic
Burlington Dog Parks
- City of Burlington Leash-Free Dog Parks:
- Bayview Park (W.A.G. Park: Where Animals Gather) - 1800 King Road, north of the North Service Road
Corinne says: "There is a leash free park at Bayview Park on King Road North
in Burlington. It is past the North Service Road. From 403, exit on Waterdown Road,
turn left, right on North Service Road, left on King Road. Very nice with a lovely view. Friendly
owners and well behaved dogs! Fenced an with smaller trees, grass, wood chips."
- Roly Bird Park - 2203 Industrial St.
Marsha V. says: "Roly Bird Dog Park is located
on the North Service Rd (East of Brant St). It is a small, but nice dog park. Features a double gate,
garbage bins for poop, fences all around in the shape of an 'L'."
- Norton Park - 4275 Dundas Street, NW corner of Cornerstone Drive
Ken L. says: "The Norton Off-Leash Dog Park
is located at Dundas & Cornerstone in Burlington. It's fenced and has a double-gated entrance.
There is a smaller area for small dogs. Very open area. Dress warm in winter as winds are usually strong."
Bronte Creek Provincial Park also offers two leash-free pet exercise areas.
- Virginia A. says: "In Burlington, Ontario, there's a great leash-free
area within Bronte Park Provincial Park. There is a small park admission fee
(half and full-year passes available), but the leash free zone features trails for
owners and dogs to walk so the dogs aren't bunched up in corners. Leashed dogs are
welcome in the rest of the park zones. To reach the leash-free area, exit at Burloak
Drive (from the QEW). Turn north and the park entrance is just above Mainway on the
right hand side of the road."
Cambridge Dog Park
- Cambridge Leash-Free Dog Park - Maple Grove Road, just east of Boxwood Avenue
Ria says: "There is a dog park at Maple Grove Road - Off Hwy 24, North of 401.
A good size park that is completely open for good viewing of what your dog or other dogs
are doing. There are a couple of picnic tables that people use for sitting on... but this
is also a drawback as then they are not always supervising their dogs when they should
be. I have seen a number of squabbles arise due to owner not supervising their dog's
behaviour... as well as a small dog being mauled. :( A lot of great owners/dogs there
most of the time... but at other times it's not the place I'd want to be. Please supervise
your pet at all times. Facilities: fenced, gated entrances with additional gate to
enter, ground cover is grass with dirt, open space with a couple smaller trees."
Chatham-Kent Dog Parks
- Chatham-Kent has two Dog Off Leash Recreation Areas (DOLRA):
- John Waddell Park - 59 Water Street, Chatham
Fenced area; river access on the north side; naturalized 2 hectare (4.1 acres) wooded area with trails. Double-gated entrance. Amenities include parking, sitting areas, and garbage cans.
- Happy Tails Dog Park - 181 Baldoon Road, Wallaceburg
1 hectare (2.5 acres); mature trees that provide shade; double-gated entrances; picnic tables; benches and parking.
Collingwood Dog Park
- Pawplar Park "Dog Town" - Poplar and Hwy 24
B.W. says: "Collingwood has a large, treed dog park on Poplar side road."
Fergus Dog Park
- Fergus Dog Park - 840 Glengarry Cres.
Rachael B. says: "The Fergus Dog Park is a beautiful site, well maintained,
where dog owners are very friendly and there is lots of room to run and throw a ball. The dogs love it!
Facilities: Grass with mulch path, large open space, agility equipment, water tap, poop bags provided."
Fort Erie Dog Park
- Lions Sugarbowl Dog Park - 100 Gilmore Road
Fenced 1 acre; grassy and treed parkland of undulating terrain; open dawn to dusk, 7 days per week; park beside the Central Fire Station.
Cole says: "The Sugarbowl Dog Park is located in Fort Erie at Gilmore
and Central Ave. It's well-kept, with a small hill, not much shade though..."
Georgina Dog Park
- Georgina's Leash-Free Dog Park - Adeline Drive and Lake Drive South, Keswick
Rich says: "The Keswick Dog Park is located at 685 Lake Drive South,
just north of Ravenshoe Rd. On Lake Drive. It's a fully fenced, 1.5 acre leash-free dog park."
Goderich Dog Park
- Goderich Dog Park/Beach - south of the Cove Beach, at the very end of Cove Road
- Sunset Dog Park - Sunset Drive & Warren Street
Linda M. says: "Sunset Dog Park is located at Sunset Drive & Warren Street.
Fenced and byob. Nice little park."
Grand Bend Dog Beach
- Pinery Provincial Park Dog Beach - located by Picnic Area 1.
Dogs must be leashed at all times! Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
Melissa says: "There's a very popular dog beach at Pinery Provincial Park in
Grand Bend. Great place to socialize your dog and get them used to sand and water."
Guelph Dog Park
- The City of Guelph offers designated leash-free zones for dogs
in the following parks:
- Riverside Regional Park - 709 Woolwich Street
- Norm Jary Park - 22 Shelldale Crescent
- Margaret Greene Regional Park - 80 Westwood Road
- Lee Street Park - 71 Lee Street
- Centennial Park - 373/ 377 College Avenue West
- Crane Park - 96 Dovercliffe Road
- Eramosa River Park - 259 Victoria Road South
- John Gamble Park - 594 Kortright Road West
Halton Hills Dog Parks
- Cedarvale Park Leash-Free Zone - 135 Maple Avenue East, Georgetown
Located next to Silver Creek; mixture of grass and wood chip terrain.
- Prospect Park Leash-Free Zone - 30 Park Avenue, Acton
Sue W. - "The Acton
Off-Leash Dog Park is located in Prospect Park in Acton, Ontario. It's a large park with trees for
shade and a picnic bench. A metal bowl is available but you must cart in your own drinking water. Can
be a bit muddy in the spring or after a hard rain."
Hamilton Dog Parks
- The City of Hamilton has several fenced, off-leash dog exercise areas:
- Hamilton SPCA Dog Park - 245 Dartnall Road
- Heritage Green Dog Park - 447 1st Road West
- Hill Street Dog Park - 13 Hill Street
- Birch Avenue Dog Park - Between Brant Street and Princess Street on West side.
Located behind the City's Operation building at 330 Wentworth Street.
- Borer's Falls Dog Park - 491 York Road, at the corner of York Road and Valley Road
Tracy C. says: "Borer's Dog Park is located in Dundas, Ontario, at
Old York Road & Valley Road. The park is leash-free and fenced-in."
- Cathedral Dog Park - 707 King Street West
No parking; walk from Main Street.
Hawkesbury Dog Park
- Hawkesbury Dog Park - rue Philippe
Lynda B. says: "The Hawkesbury Dog Park
is fenced and offers dog bags. The park is about 30000 square feet with 2 separate sections: 1 for small dogs & 1 larger dogs. Open 7 am - 8 pm."
Kincardine Dog Park
Kitchener-Waterloo Dog Parks
- McLennan Park Leash-Free Park - 901 Ottawa St. S., Kitchener
Ria says: "A smaller park - but the dogs I've met there were all well socialized with great manners and
had owners that were observant of what they were doing. Facilities: fenced,
gated entrances, water tap, ground cover is grass with dirt, a few benches for
people to sit on as well as a groomed path through a wooded section."
- Bechtel Park Leash-Free Dog Area - 185 Bridge St. W., Waterloo
Two-hectare (five-acre) fenced space; open daily sunrise to sunset.
- Kiwanis Park Leash-Free Dog Park - 1000 Kiwanis Park Drive, Kitchener
Leash-free area is located approximately 1km from pool and parking area.
Is your favourite dog park missing from this list? Tell us about it!
Please note: we do not list private or membership-based parks.