Do you know of a dog park in your local area that doesn't appear on this list?
Please let us know!
This list is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed
to be so. Park regulations may change from time to time.
Dog Parks & Beaches in Ontario
*** Dogs are allowed in Ontario's provincial parks except in a few designated campgrounds.
Some parks also have pet exercise and beach areas too -
click here for a list.
- Acton Dog Park: From Sue W. - "The Acton
Off-Leash Dog Park is located in Prospect Park in Acton, Ontario. It's a large park with trees for
shade and a picnic bench. A metal bowl is available but you must cart in your own drinking water. Can
be a bit muddy in the spring or after a hard rain."
- Ancaster Dog Park: From Gwen - "Cinema Park is located at Meadowlands, 799 Golf Links Road
in Ancaster. This park is mostly fenced - the entrance is not. This is a 'valley' type dog park and is located
directly beside the Silvercity Theater. Easy access from 403 or Lincoln Alexander Parkway. The park is a large
grassy area with a walking path around the perimeter. There's also a stream at one end - however it tends to
get murky in the summer. Patrons who visit the park have been kind enough to leave a couple of park benches
and bowls for water."
Update from Ron C. - "The City of Hamilton has done some upgrades since the post above for
Ancaster Dog Park, with the area
being fully fenced with double gate entry, benches and new trees. This park is leash free."
- Angus Dog Park: From Sandra - "Wildflower Park is a fenced, off-leash
dog park located at 42 McCarthy Crescent in Angus, Ontario."
- Ajax Dog Park: From Jenn - "The Greenwood Off-Leash Area is located at
Concession 5 and Church in Ajax, Ontario. This off-leash dog park is great. Located north of
Taunton Road, it is connected to a trail system and forested area."
- Aurora Dog Parks: From Helen C. - "Aurora's Canine Commons
is a 4.5 acre off-leash park located on Industrial Parkway North at St. John's Road."
From Amanda - There is a fenced dog park at St John's Rd & Bayview Ave in Aurora, Ontario.
- Barrie Dog Parks - Dog Off Leash Recreation Area
- Belleville Dog Parks- Quinte Dog Park
From Sawyer P. - "Belleville Dog Park is located in East Zwick's park. It's fenced, has dog bags, and a trail system.
There are 2 fenced-off sections - 1 larger one for most dogs, and a smaller one if you want to keep your dog away from the
- Bradford West Dog Parks - Scanlon Creek Bark Park - 3.2 acre off leash dog park
- Brampton Dog Parks - Off Leash Areas
- Brantford Dog Parks - Dogford Park - Off Leash Dog Park
From Linda - "There is a dog park in Brantford, Ontario in the west
end. Go over the bridge into West Brant, turn left at the first stop light (Gilkison)
and the park is down along the river on your right. Large fenced in area with benches
- Brockville Dog Park: From Megan D. - "There is a new dog park located in Brockville
on Broadway Avenue. There is an arena at this location, and the park is behind that.
It is a large fenced park with a separate area for puppies. The adult dog park is
called 'Rotary Off Leash Dog Park' and the Puppy park is called 'Barkville Puppy Park'."
- Bowmanville Dog Park: From Danielle - "The
Bowmanville Off-Leash Dog Park
at 401 and Liberty Street is one of our favourite dog parks near the GTA. There are 2 fully fenced areas -
one just for small dogs and puppies and one for larger dogs. It's fenced, has dog bags, parking, and picnic
- Burlington Dog Parks: From Corinne - "There is a leash free park at Bayview Park on King Road North
in Burlington. It is past the North Service Road. From 403, exit on Waterdown Road,
turn left, right on North Service Road, left on King Road. Very nice with a lovely view. Friendly
owners and well behaved dogs! Fenced an with smaller trees, grass, wood chips."
From Virginia A. - "In Burlington, Ontario, there's a great leash-free
area within Bronte Park Provincial Park. There is a small park admission fee
(half and full-year passes available), but the leash free zone features trails for
owners and dogs to walk so the dogs aren't bunched up in corners. Leashed dogs are
welcome in the rest of the park zones. To reach the leash-free area, exit at Burloak
Drive (from the QEW). Turn north and the park entrance is just above Mainway on the
right hand side of the road."
From Ria - Location: Shell park, on Lakeshore, west of Hwy 25.
"A good size park that is completely open for good viewing of what your dog or
other dogs are doing. There are a couple of picnic tables that people use for sitting
on... but this is also a drawback as then they are not always supervising their dogs
when they should be. Most owners keep an eye on their dogs though. There is also a
small fenced area for small dogs only! Facilities: fenced, gated entrances, water
tap, ground cover is grass with dirt, open space with a couple smaller trees for shade."
From Marsha V. - "Roly Bird Dog Park is located
on the North Service Rd (East of Brant St). It is a small, but nice dog park. Closer than
King Rd dog park. Features a double gate, 3 garbage bins for poop, fences all around in
the shape of an 'L'."
From Ken L. - "The Norton Off-Leash Dog Park
is located at Dundas & Cornerstone in Burlington. It's fenced and has a double-gated entrance.
There is a smaller area for small dogs. Very open area. Dress warm in winter as winds are usually strong."
- Cambridge Dog Park: From Ria - "There is a dog park at Maple Grove Road - Off Hwy 24, North of 401.
A good size park that is completely open for good viewing of what your dog or other dogs
are doing. There are a couple of picnic tables that people use for sitting on... but this
is also a drawback as then they are not always supervising their dogs when they should
be. I have seen a number of squabbles arise due to owner not supervising their dog's
behaviour... as well as a small dog being mauled. :( A lot of great owners/dogs there
most of the time... but at other times it's not the place I'd want to be. Please supervise
your pet at all times. Facilities: fenced, gated entrances with additional gate to
enter, ground cover is grass with dirt, open space with a couple smaller trees."
- Chatham Dog Parks: - John Waddell Park, located at the East end of Water Street. Fenced, off-leash, water access (Thames River),
benches, poop bag holders, trees, walking paths.
- Collingwood Dog Park: From B.W. - "Collingwood has a new, large, treed dog park on Poplar
- Dundas Dog Park: From Tracy C. - "Boer's Dog Park is located in Dundas, Ontario, at
Old York Road & Valley Road. The park is leash-free and fenced-in."
- Fergus Dog Park: From Rachael B. - The Fergus Dog Park
is located at 840 Glengarry Cres. "Beautiful site, well maintained, where dog owners are very friendly and there is lots of room to run and throw a ball. The dogs love it!"
Facilities: Grass with mulch path, large open space, agility equipment, water tap, poop bags provided.
- Fort Erie Dog Park: From Cole - "Sugarbowl Dog Park
is located in Fort Erie at Gilmore and Central Ave. It's well-kept, with a small hill, not much shade though..."
- Goderich Dog Park: From Linda M. - "Sunset Dog Park is located at Sunset Drive & Warren Street.
Fenced and byob. Nice little park."
- Grand Bend Dog Park: From Melissa - "There's a very popular dog beach at Pinery Provincial Park in
Grand Bend. Great place to socialize your dog and get them used to sand and water."
- Guelph Dog Park: From Jim - "There are 6 leash free areas in Guelph, Ontario. They
are listed on the City of Guelph website."
- Hamilton Dog Parks - Leash-free zones and dog parks
- Hawkesbury Dog Parks - From Lynda B. - "The Hawkesbury Dog Park
is fenced and offers dog bags. The park is about 30000 square feet with 2 separate sections: 1 for small dogs & 1 larger dogs. Open 7 am - 8 pm."
- Keswick Dog Park: From Rich - "The Keswick Dog Park
is located at 685 Lake Drive South, just north of Ravenshoe Rd. On Lake Drive. It's a fully fenced, 1.5 acre leash-free dog park."
- Kincardine Dog Park: From Terri M. - "The KinDog Park is in Kincardine, Ontario (located off
Bruce Avenue, between the Kincardine Cemetery and the ball diamond)."
- Kitchener Waterloo Dog Parks - Kitchener Waterloo Humane Society's Leash Free Dog Park
From Amanda A. - "McLennan Park
has a fully-fenced, off-leash dog park located at 901 Ottawa Street South in Kitchener."
From Ria - Location: Ottawa Ave, west of Homer Watson Blvd. "A smaller
park - but the dogs I've met there were all well socialized with great manners and
had owners that were observant of what they were doing. Facilities: fenced,
gated entrances, water tap, ground cover is grass with dirt, a few benches for
people to sit on as well as a groomed path through a wooded section."
- Lindsay Dog Park - From Paula W. -
"Howlers Corners off-leash dog park
is located in the Ken Reid Conservation Area in Lindsay, Ontario. There are trails, benches, trees, and many on-leash
trails in the conservation area. My dog Nikita and I LOVE it and have been there since it opened. Having the park
administration building right there and surveillance cameras it is a well looked after park. Communications is
excellent on the Facebook site as far as
concerns about the park being heard and dealt with in good time."
- London Dog Parks - Pottersburg, Stoney Creek, and Greenway Off-Leash Dog Parks
- Markham Dog Parks - Dog Off-Leash Area - northwest corner of Miller Avenue and Rodick Road
- Marmora Dog Parks - From Alex M. - "The Marmora Off-Leash Dog Park
is located at Cameron Street and Highway 7. It's fenced, has dog bags, access to water, and a public swimming area.
It's a little park, but it's nice for the locals! You get to it through a hard-to-see driveway behind the red house."
- Midland Dog Parks - There are two off-leash dog parks in Midland,
located in part of Little Lake Park and Tiffin Park. Dog Owners must pre-register (no fees apply).
Dogs must have a current valid dog tag. (thanks to Andria for the tip!)
- Milton Dog Park - From Deanne J. - "Central Bark
is located at 230 Cedar Hedge Road. It is fenced, has a separate dog run for older dogs, fenced in
play area for children, and benches. There are always dogs there. Volunteers take care of the park
and emptying garbage bins. Annual lawn rejuvenation allows for great conditions year round."
(Leash Free Milton on Facebook)
- Mississauga Dog Parks - Off-leash dog parks | Totoredaca Leash Free Park
- Morrisburg Dog Park: From Juli - "The South Dundas Dog Park
is located at Canada Way Drive in Morrisburg. There are two full fenced in off leash areas -
one for small dogs and the another for all dogs. Water fountain, shade and benches.
I've visited many dog parks and have never seen one as nice as the brand new Morrisburg
dog park (construction completed July 2011). It's easy to tell a lot of time and thought
went into planning it. It's a great stop if you're enroute between Toronto and Montreal
on the 401 with your pups. Exit 750 at Morrisburg, south - drive straight past lights
and stop sign, and then turn left on Canada Way. Dog park is on left, across from the beach."
- Niagara Falls Dog Parks - From Shaina - "Niagara Falls Dog Park
is in Firemans Park on the corner of Dorchestor road and Mountain Road. There's a small
dog area and large dog area that are both fenced with dog bags and garbage bins provided
in the parks. There are a few mature trees for shade, a trail for walking around the
park and a doggy fountain/shower on the outside of the dog park. It's my favourite
dog park of the area."
- Oakville Dog Parks - Leash-free dog parks
- Orangeville Dog Park: From Shawn - "Located on Hansen Drive behind the mall.
Two seperate fenced areas for small and large breeds, pooper scoopers, garbage cans, picnic tables
and benches, lots of parking and plenty of room to run. No shade or water, bring your own!"
- Orillia Dog Park: From Dale - "Kitchener Park is a new park just developed by the City of Orillia
on the shores of Lake Simcoe, located at the bottom of West Street and Hwy 12. Plenty of space to let your pet roam free,
fenced in area, just watch though the fence area doesn't go down all the way down to the water in the far corner section.
Wood chips are spread around the trails making it nice to walk on. There are a couple of picnic tables there also to sit
and rest at. Behind the Baseball diamonds. Leash-free."
From Nicole - "Clayt French Dog Park is located at 144 Atlantis Drive in Orillia. It is fenced, and offers
dog bags, a nearby children's play area, and water is provided."
Official link: City of Orillia Off-Leash Dog Zones
- Oshawa Dog Park: From Daniela P. - "In Oshawa (Durham Region) we have an 'official'
leash free dog park - part of Harmony Conservation
Area. It's a very nicely maintained
park, where volunteers as well as Oshawa Park authority have done a wonderful job."
(thanks also to Earl P. for providing the link to the Harmony Conservation Area)
From Caroline E. - Happy Tails Bark Park
is a 1-acre fenced park centrally located to Oshawa, Bowmanville, and Port Perry.
Open year round, 7 days a week during daylight hours. Contact them for directions.
- Ottawa Dog Parks - Dog-friendly parks | National Capital Commision off-leash parks | Bruce Pit Dog Park
- Owen Sound Dog Park: From Mary P. - Small but pleasant leash-free park
located at 1st Ave East, near the downtown harbour on the east side.
- Parry Sound Dog Park: From Jacqui D. - Killbear Dog Beach has two dog beaches
and is located at 35 Killbear Park Road in Nobel, Ontario.
- Penetanguishene Dog Park: From Katie - "Awenda Provincial Park
has a pet-friendly dog beach. Fantastic dog beach. We have been there many times and it's always a fun, friendly environment."
(Editor's Note: according to the Ontario Parks website, pets must still be kept on leash no more than two metres in length)
- Peterborough Dog Park - From Troy -
"The Peterborough West Animal Hospital dog park
is 3/4 acre, fenced, and pick up bags are provided. It's located at 2605 Stewart Line in Peterborough, Ontario. It's small
but it's free. This vet put up the fencing etc. on his own time and money. The regulars all have good dogs of all sizes from
little ankle high things to Great Danes that will play with all types of dogs."
- Pickering Dog Parks - Grand Valley Park leash-free areas
- Port Burwell Dog Beach: From Lori P. -
"Port Burwell Provincial Park
has a posted section of beach just for dogs. Dogs can be off lead in water. It is a
FANTASTIC beach for enjoying with the whole family. Clean white sand. Water is shallow
and sandy bottom, safe for whole family to enjoy!"
- Port Colborne Dog Park: From Debbie C. -
Elm Street Naturalization Site
has a leash-free dog park.
- Port Elgin Dog Park: Saugeen
Shores Off Leash Dog Park
- Port McNicoll Dog Park: From John R. - Location: Hwy 12 and Talbot St on OSPCA property.
Amenities: Leash-free fenced area with parking.
- Quinte West (Trenton) Dog Parks - Kinsmen Community Dog Park
- Richmond Hill Dog Parks - Leash Free Dog Park, located at Yonge and Tower Hill Road
- St. Catharines Dog Parks: From Debbie C. -
"Burgoyne Woods dog park
located at 70 Edgedale Road, St. Catharines. Facilities: small dog and large dog fenced parks, free parking.
Parking area not open in the winter - you can still access the dog park on foot."
From Sarah W. - "The Catherine Street Park is located at George & Russell Streets. It is fenced
and has dog bags. Fairly small but open area, usually supplied with wood chips to keep mud to a minimum. All open,
- St. Thomas Dog Parks - Lions Club Dog Park @ 25 Talbot Street
- Sarnia Dog Park - From Lisa S. - "There is a dog park at
Bluewater Trails in Sarnia,
on Blackwell Road off Michigan. Fenched, off-leash area and trails."
- Seaforth Dog Park: From Mike W. -
"The Seaforth Dog Park is located on Main Street. Nice, large, fully fenced in area to let your
dogs run and play. Waste bags and garbages provided."
- Stouffville Dog Parks - Off-Leash Dog Park on Rougeview Avenue
- Strathroy Dog Parks - Strathroy Caradoc Dogpark - corner of York Street and Concession 10 (Carroll Street)
- Stratford Dog Park: From Steve M. - The Stratford Dog Park
is located at Packham Road, with free parking off Dunn Road. Open 7 days a week.
Facilities: 5 foot chain link around perimeter, double gated entrance, 6 acres of
open field, tall grasses, wooded path and small creek, lighted.
- Sudbury Dog Park: From Pierre P. - The Minnow Lake Dog Park
is located in Sudbury, at the corner of Second Avenue North and Donna Drive. There are two off-leash dog
areas: one for small/older dogs and another for larger dogs. The small/older dog fenced off-leash dog area
is approx. 100 x 300 feet; large dog area is 100 x 320 feet. Entrance to park is off Second Avenue North.
Bring water and bags just in case we've run out.
- Thamesford Dog Park: From Len B. - "There is an off-leash dog park
at Grace Patterson Park in Thamesford, by Hwy 119, north of Hwy 2. It's fenced, double-gated, and has benches."
- Thunder Bay Dog Park: From Kate P. - "There is an off leash dog area in Thunder Bay.
It lies directly opposite of Carrick street on Central Avenue."
- Timmins Dog Park - From Rob M. - "The Riverview Dog Park
in Timmins, Ontario is located at 31 Mattagami Blvd. It's 2 acres, fully fenced in, bags supplied.
This park is free to all open 24/7/365 days a year. There is parking for 40 cars."
- Toronto Dog Parks - Leash free areas for dogs
From Kirill - "Earl Bales Park
is located at 4169 Bathurst Street in Toronto. Great off-leash area, great group of people. Winter offers
public golf course that is dog friendly."
- Vaughn Dog Park: From Jeff B. - dog park located at Dufferin/Hwy 7 (Racco Parkway at end of Concord/Thornhill Sports Park).
Two sections - 1 for large, 1 for small dogs, dog bags provided.
- Wasaga Beach Dog Parks: From Jennifer S. - "There is a dog beach and off leash area at Wasaga Beach,
Ontario. Love these places and highly recommend them!"
From Nicky - Bark Park
at Mosley and 42 St South. Facilities: Parking, Fenced, Water, Bags.
- Waterloo Dog Parks: From Jennifer S. "Another dog park is at Bechtel Park in Waterloo, Ontario
(large open area but no trees)."
Ria adds: located at University Ave East & Bechtle. There are areas of long grass & a hill. Has
a groomed path that owners & dog are to walk. No stopping allowed. Numerous dog signs with tips and info
on dog behaviours around the park on fencing!"
From Deanna B. - "There is a dog park located
along the Grand River Trail entering from Kwainis Park. There are two fenced areas, one
for small dogs and the larger one for all sizes. Pine trees and open area with bags."
- Wiarton Dog Park: From Lisa O. - "Wiarton Dog Park is lcoated at the ball diamond near Howells Fish Market.
It's fenced, bags are provided, there are treed areas, and a shaded gazebo with seating."
- Windsor Dog Parks: From Roger U. - There are three off-leash
dog parks in Windsor, Ontario: Broadway Dog Park (Broadway Street, west of Ojibway), Optimist Memorial Dog Park (1075 Ypres Boulevard),
and Remington Booster Dog Park (701 Edinborough Street). See website for rules and more information.
- Woodstock Dog Parks: From Jennifer S. - "There is a dog park in Woodstock, Ontario at Southside Park
(large fenced in area with trees for shade)."
From Laura W. - "There is a leash-free dog park in Woodstock, Ontario
at Roth Park, with entrances off both Huron Street (at Huron and Highland Drive) and Leinster Street."
Is your favourite dog park missing from this list? Tell us about it!
Please note: we do not list private or membership-based parks.