Terms and Conditions of Use
Last modified: June 2014
By using or continuing to use the PET FRIENDLY website
you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions
of use. If you do not agree, then you may not use this site.
These Terms and Conditions of Use may be modified at any
time and changes posted to this website. Use of this website
constitutes agreement to these terms.
ALL USERS OF THIS WEBSITE
You are responsible for conducting your own investigation
regarding any and all claims made by prospective renters or
vacation property owners or agents. You assume all liability
for the use of any information you find in any Pet Friendly Canada
publication. The operators of Pet Friendly Canada assume no
responsibility and in no way warrant the accuracy of the
information contained in any of the pages published here.
You agree that the use of the PET FRIENDLY website is at
your sole risk.
If the operators of Pet Friendly Canada are unable to provide
the promised level of service for any reason, including, but
not limited to service outages, war, acts of God or negligence,
neither Pet Friendly Canada or it's owners can be held liable for
any costs beyond the prorated costs paid by the client for the
services which were not provided. Pet Friendly Canada does not
guarantee that the www.PetFriendly.ca web site will be available
100% of the time.
You may view and download material from this site for your
personal, non-commercial use only. You may not attempt to
reverse engineer any software contained on the PET FRIENDLY
You further agree that:
- If you are using the PET FRIENDLY service to locate or book
accommodations, you are responsible for contacting each property
owner or property directly to verify their pet policies, including
the possibility that the lodging no longer allows pets.
- You will not contact property owners or agents for the
purposes of solicitation.
- You are solely responsible for choosing to book an accommodation
found on the PET FRIENDLY website.
- Pet Friendly Canada is not responsible for the payment or
refund of rental fees, security deposits, or any other funds
for any reason.
- All disputes arising from a rental found on this site must
be resolved directly with the property owner or manager. Pet Friendly
Canada is not liable for any disputes arising from the use of this
site or the information contained herein.
- You will not post hateful, racist, bigoted, vulgar, obscene,
or indecent material.
- Pet Friendly Canada may offer tools that you can use to share
the site (or portions of the site) with friends and family. You agree
that Pet Friendly Canada in no way authorizes, permits, or causes you
to use these tools and that you are solely responsible for their use
and the content of the messages sent. You may not use these tools to
send information to people with whom you do not have a personal
- Email communications from this site may be monitored and/or filtered.
Email is not private and delivery is not 100% reliable. Pet Friendly
Canada cannot be held responsible for undelivered messages.
- Tangible (shippable) products: you may request a refund before
your order is shipped. Once shipped, no refunds are possible.
- None of the information contained in any Pet Friendly Canada
publication is confirmed or warranted by any party. Confirmation
of information published herein is the sole responsibility of
the renting party.
Indemnity and hold harmless: You agree to defend,
indemnify and hold Pet Friendly Canada, its employees, affiliates,
and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, claims,
losses, demands, costs and expenses, including legal fees, related
with the use of the PET FRIENDLY service as an advertiser or member,
newsletter subscriber, or website visitor.
Governing Laws: Pet Friendly Canada is governed by the
laws of the Province of British Columbia. You agree to be bound
by the laws of this jurisdiction. You further agree that any
legal matter that arises between you and Pet Friendly Canada
shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia
and exclusively by its courts.
IF YOU ARE A PROPERTY OWNER (OR OWNER'S AGENT) OR ADVERTISER/MEMBER, YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT:
- You are the owner of the property listed or an authorized
owner's agent who has been given permission to manage the
- Your property is listed in good faith and allows pets
(although certain conditions may apply). If it is
found that you do not allow pets under any circumstances,
Pet Friendly Canada may terminate your listing and/or keep all
fees paid. Please note that domestic pets must be permitted
to stay indoors in the guestrooms with their families.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your accommodation
complies with all local laws and bylaws.
- You grant permission to Pet Friendly Canada to use the
photos and descriptions from the website address you specified,
if applicable, for the purpose of creating or promoting your
PET FRIENDLY listing. You must have the right and the
authority to grant permission for its use. You are solely
responsible for ensuring you have the right to use the copyrights
and/or trademarks in your listing and agree to hold Pet Friendly
- You agree that any photos you submit to Pet Friendly Canada,
or any photos you ask us to use from your website, may be altered
to suit the size, space, and editorial guidelines for this directory.
This can include but is not limited to cropping, resizing, and
compression of the photo. You are responsible for reviewing your
listing and notifying us if any of the photos (or any other content)
should be modified, replaced, or removed.
- You enter into a contract with Pet Friendly Canada when you
submit an application form, and agree to pay all applicable fees.
- Fees are non-refundable and may not be pro-rated.
- Late payment fees will apply to past-due invoices. These fees
will be noted on your invoice. Invoices that remain unpaid for several
months may be subject to a collection procedure at Pet Friendly Canada's
discretion. You will be responsible for all fees associated
with the collection procedure, including but not limited to
- Dishonored cheques will be charged an additional CDN $30 administration fee.
- Fees may change from time to time. Current fees will always
be posted on our website and will be noted on your invoice.
- You are solely responsible for reviewing your listing or
advertisement for accuracy and notifying Pet Friendly Canada
in a timely manner if changes are required. You are
responsible for ensuring the appropriate changes are made,
either by you, your authorized agent, or by Pet Friendly Canada
on your behalf.
- Although Pet Friendly is strongly committed to marketing
the directory and its members, Pet Friendly cannot and does
not guarantee bookings. Pet Friendly only provides exposure
through the website and other forms of marketing.
- Pet Friendly Canada strives to provide fast, helpful, and
friendly service at all times. However, Pet Friendly Canada
reserves the right to charge a fee if asked to make what it
deems to be an unreasonable number of changes to a
listing or advertisement.
- You agree to receive listing renewal notices from Pet Friendly
Canada. If you choose to unsubscribe from these notices, Pet Friendly
Canada may choose to send these notices by fax or by postal mail, but
does not guarantee that it will do so. If you unsubscribe from these
email notices, you understand that your listing may expire and
disappear from the directory without any further notice to you.
- Pet Friendly Canada may choose, in its sole discretion, to
refuse a link to other accommodation directories in a listing.
- You will not post or ask Pet Friendly Canada to post any
material, including images, that:
- Are hateful, racist, or bigoted.
- Advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities
with the intent to commit them.
- Are vulgar, obscene, indecent, or otherwise offensive.
- Violates or infringes upon the rights of any third-party or law.
- You will not post logos, graphics, certification symbols, or any
other artwork from any other company unless: a) you have explicit
permission to do so from the copyright or trademark holder; and b)
Pet Friendly Canada agrees, in writing, that the symbol is appropriate
for this directory. Pet Friendly Canada may choose to remove any graphic
it deems inappropriate.
- You acknowledge, understand, and agree that Pet Friendly Canada is
not responsible for any email sent to you from visitors to this website.
In other words, while we do not condone commercial solicitations
or other inappropriate requests, there is no way for us to stop visitors
from sending these types of messages.
- You are solely responsible for qualifying guests and/or rental inquiries.
- Email communications from this site may be monitored and/or filtered.
Email is not private and delivery is not 100% reliable. Pet Friendly Canada
cannot be held responsible for undelivered rental inquiries or for missed
income as a result of undelivered inquiries.
- If a dispute occurs, we will attempt to resolve it with you
first. However, Pet Friendly Canada, in its sole discretion,
decides whether or not these Terms of Service have been breached.
- You will not share your password.
- You acknowledge and agree that Pet Friendly Canada has the right
to modify property listings at its sole discretion, if parts or all
of the listing are considered inappropriate.
- Pet Friendly Canada has the right to refuse service to any property
owner, agent, or manager at its sole discretion.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- None of the information contained in any Pet Friendly Canada web page is
confirmed or warranted by any party. Qualification of all renters is
the sole responsibility of the property owner or agent.
- You acknowledge and agree that Pet Friendly Canada is not responsible
or liable for any disputes between you and your guest/renter, including but
not limited to:
- Payment or non-payment of rent.
- Rental terms and conditions, including rental amount.
- Damages caused by the renters or his/her pet.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will occasionally receive
email from Pet Friendly Canada notifying you of important information
about your account.