Pet Friendly Home
» Dog Parks & Beaches
» British Columbia (BC)
British Columbia (BC) Dog Parks, Dog-Friendly Trails, Beaches and Off-Leash Areas
British Columbia is famous for its stunning scenery, from beautifully wooded
areas, to sparkling lakes and oceanside vistas. It's no wonder dogs love it (and
their people too)! Dog-friendly BC dog parks include
not just the trails meandering through provincial and natural parks, but also
off-leash parks and even dog beaches too. So get out there and have fun!
Please be sure to always pick up after your dog, dispose of it appropriately (no
little baggies littering the area!) and show good dog park etiquette
at all times.
Do you know of a dog park in your local area that doesn't appear on this list?
Please let us know!
This list is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed
to be so. Park regulations may change from time to time.
Dog Parks & Beaches in British Columbia (BC)
Burnaby Dog Parks - Off-leash areas
- Burnaby Heights Park: Off-Leash Enclosure - 3877 Eton Street
- Confederation Park: Off-Leash Trail- 120 N. Willingdon Ave (access from Penzance Dr)
- Confederation Park: Off-Leash Enclosures - 250 Willingdon Ave
- Robert Burnaby Park: Off-Leash Area - 8155 Wedgewood Street
- David Gray Park: Off-Leash Enclosure - 7480 Mckay Ave
- Taylor Park: Off-Leash Enclosure - 7599 Mission Avenue
- Malvern Park Off-Leash Open Area and Trail - 7410 Morley Drive
- Warner Loat Park: Off-leash Enclosure - 4252 Piper Ave
- Barnet Marine Park: Off-Leash Area (with seasonal time restrictions) - 8181 Barnet Road
- Burnaby Fraser Foreshore Park: Byrne Creek Dyke Off-leash Trail & Open Area - 4551 Byrne Road, 7255 & 7260 North Fraser Way
Campbell River Dog Parks - Penfield West Dog Park - 2090 College Drive
Chilliwack Dog Parks - Dog Off-Leash Areas
From Michele C. - "Sardis Dog Park is located at
Vedder Road and Petawawa Road. Fully fenced separate small and large dog parks. Walking trail
along the Vedder River."
Coquitlam Dog Parks - Off-leash dog areas
- Bramble Park- 2775 Panorama Drive
Fenced off-leash dog area.
- Glen Park - 1149 Westwood Street
Fenced natural area with big trees; separate areas for large and small dogs.
- Miller Park off-leash area - 870 Oakview Street
- Mundy Park - 501 Mariner Way
Trails, plus fenced sections for big and small dogs.
- Ridge Park - 1685 Parkway Boulevard
Some off-leash trails.
- Off-Leash Dog Park at Village Park - Dunsmuir Avenue at Sixth Street, Cumberland
- Seal Bay Nature Park - Bates Road, Courtenay
April 1 to June 30: for the safety of wildlife, dogs must be leashed at all times,
everywhere in the park. Leashes are also mandatory year-round on the Swamp Loop and on all trails on the water
side of Bates Road. There are leash-optional trails located on the inland side (west side) of the park.
Cultus Lake Provincial Park (1.5 hours from Vancouver) - Dog Beach - Shale Beach (on-leash)
| Dog swim area and off-leash dog park
Delta Dog Parks
- Off-leash dog areas
- North 40 Off-Leash Area - 72nd and Ontario Street, Ladner
- Paterson Park Off-Leash Area - 5000 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Ladner
- Wellington Point Park Off-Leash Area - 3653 River Road West, Ladner
- Beach Grove Park Off-Leash Area - 6051 - 17A Avenue, Tsawwassen
- Boundary Beach Park Reserve Off-Leash Area - 100 - 66th Street, Tsawwassen
- Dennison Park Off-Leash Area - 755 - 53rd Street, Tsawwassen
- Pebble Hill Park Off-Leash Area - 411 Milsom Wynd, Tsawwassen
- Cougar Canyon Environmental Reserve Off-Leash Area - 11250 - 72nd Avenue, North Delta
- Delview Park Off-Leash Area - 9098 - 116th Avenue, North Delta
- Devon Gardens Park Off-Leash Area - 11011 McAdam Road, North Delta
- Huff Hydro Corridor Reserve Off-Leash Area - 11050 Huff Boulevard, North Delta
- North Delta Recreation Centre Off-Leash Area - 11415 - 84 Avenue, North Delta
- Scott 72 Park Reserve Off-Leash Area - 7300 Scott Road, North Delta
Galiano Island Dog Park - From Ralph M. - "Galiano Island, BC has many dog-friendly trails
and areas that dogs can roam both on and off leash. Greys Peninsula in Montague Harbour
Marine Park allows dogs on leash. It is a 30 minute walk along the waters edge on a
well marked trail. Bodega Ridge is a 35 minute hike along a ridge which ends in a
panoramic view of Trincomali Channel and Saltspring in the distance. Galiano's country
roads lend themselves to off leash walks with well trained dogs that will return on command."
Kamloops Dog Parks - Dog-Friendly Parks: Off-Leash Parks / Beaches - Dogs Under Control
- Aberdeen Hills Dog Exercise Park
From Tricia S. - "Aberdeen dog park is on Pacific Way, just up the hill from the Costco intersection in Kamloops.
It is a fenced off-leash dog park in South Kamloops with a separate fenced area for the little guys.
It's treed and has dog bags and water."
- Aberdeen Hills Skyline Park
- Batchelor Open Space Park
- Dallas / Barnhartvale Park
- Gleneagles Park
- Gordonhorn Park
- Kenna Cartwright Park
- Mission Flats Park
- Mission Flats Park Beach
- Ord Road Dog Exercise Park
From Tricia S. - "Ord Road dog park is on Ord road around the corner from the Airport in Kamloops, BC.
It's the Largest FENCED off-leash dog park in Kamloops. The park is treed, and has easy parking, dog bags,
- Overlander Park Beach
- Peterson Creek Park
- Rose Hill Park
- Sahali Terrace Park
- Strathcona Park
- Valleyview Recreation Centre Park
- Westsyde Centenial Park - NE of dyke only
- Pioneer Park Beach
From Tricia S. - "There is also a smallish downtown Kamloops fenced dog park.
It's at the intersection of River street and 10th Ave, across the street
from Charles Anderson Stadium/Exhibition Park. Easy parking,
and for those who can take their dogs off leash outside the fence,
it's right beside the trail system related to the Thompson River.
Pioneer Park,an easy leashed walk from the fenced park has a
Parks Permitting Dogs ON-Leash and Under Control:
- Aberdeen Hills Park (excluding playground area)
- Batchelor Park (excluding playground area)
- Brocklehurst Park
- Crestline Park (between the gardens and ball field)
- Dallas Park (walkway only)
- Len Haughton Park, Heffley Creek
- McBeth Park
- McDonald Park
- Memorial Park
- Mt Dufferin Park
- Overlander Park
- Parkcrest Park
- Pineview Valley Park
- Pioneer Park
- Rae-Mor Park
- Todd Hills Park, Dallas
- West Pines Park
- Westmount Park
Kelowna Dog Parks - Dog parks (both on and off-leash). Off-leash parks:
- Cedar Creek Park - 5200 Lakeshore Road
- Duggan Park - 1494 Bernard Ave
- Ellison Dog Park - 4720 Old Vernon Road
- Enterprise Park - 2500 Enterprise Way
- Knox Mountain Park - 450 Knox Mountain Drive
- Mission Recreation Park - 4105 Gordon Drive
- North Glenmore Dog Park - 2150 Glenmore Road N.
- Rutland Recreation Park - 645 Dodd Road
Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Dog Parks - Off Leash Dog Parks (District of Maple Ridge)
- Albion Fairgrounds - 23448 105 Avenue, Maple Ridge
- Hoffman Park - 122 Avenue at 191B Street and 19130 Advent Road, Pitt Meadows
- Jerry Sulina Park - 210 Street and 132 Avenue, Maple Ridge
- North Bonson Park - 121 Block of Blakely Road, Pitt Meadows
- Westview Park - 20950 Wicklund Avenue, Maple Ridge
Editor's Note: the information on the Parks & Leisure Services website for Maple Ridge / Pitt Meadows
states that the following two sections of the dike trail are 'leash optional', but the a trail user has seen signage stating
From Ilene - "Leashes are mandatory, not optional, along the dike trail in
Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows. There are signs there stating this but many people ignore them. This is very important for
safety as there are many cyclists on this path (as well as pedestrians without dogs). Jerry Sulina park, a very nice
large area with a beach, is the only off leash part of the dike."
- Dike trail: leash-optional trail from Pitt River Bridge to the Pitt Meadows Marina
- Dike trail: leash-optional trail from the north end of Harris Road in Pitt Meadows, which offers both north and south walking trails.
From Judi & Andy - "Volker Park is at 212St & 123rd Ave in Maple Ridge, adjacent to
Laityview Elementary School. It's fenced, offers dog bags, and water.
Lots of great people and friendly dogs!"
Mission Dog Parks - From J. - "Centennial Park Dog Park is located
in Mission at 11th Avenue and Taulbut Street. Not secured with gates. Right beside busy road with 3-4 foot horse fence. Good for dogs under
control only. Park is large enough to use a chuck-it."
Nanaimo Dog Parks - Dog Off-Leash Parks | Off-lead areas from NanaimoDogParks.ca
- Beban Dog Off-Leash Area (fenced) - 2300 Bowen Road, access at Labieux Road and Dorman Road
- Beaufort Park Dog Off-Leash Area (partially fenced) - 69 Lorne Place, access at end of Chelsea Crescent
- Cable Bay Trail - South Nanaimo near Cedar, trailhead at the end of Nicola Road
- Colliery Dam Park Off-Leash Area (upper dam trail only) - 635 Wakesiah Avenue, use the Upper Lake parking lot off of Nanaimo Lakes Road
- Diver Lake Park Off-Leash Area (seasonal, from October 1 to April 30) - 2430 Black Franks Drive
- Gallows Point Light Park (on Protection Island) - 208 Colvilleton Trail
- St. George Ravine Park - 980 Terminal Avenue N.
- Invermere Beach Park - 6420 Invermere Rd.
- May Richards Bennett Pioneer Park (forested land next to this park is off-leash) - 6700 Dover Road & 6780 Dover Road
- Northfield Rotary Lookout Park (fenced off-leash dog park) - 2450 Northfield Road
- Wardropper Park - 2957 Departure Bay Road
- Westwood Lake Park (designated off-leash area) - access at the end of Westwood Road
North Vancouver Dog Parks - Dogs in City Parks - a map of where dogs are welcome in the City of North Vancouver parks - includes on-leash and leash-optional parks. Off-leash areas include:
- Kings Mill Walk Park (off-leash park) - Fell Ave and Harbourside Place
- Lynnmouth Park (leash-optional area) - West of Lynn Creek, Cotton - 5th
- Mosquito Creek Park (designed off-leash areas) - park begins at Fell and 16th Avenue
Osoyoos Dog Parks - Osoyoos off-leash park and dog swimming areas
- West Bench Complex off-leash dog park (fenced) - 115th Street
- Dog beach at Haynes Point Provincial Park (also called swiws Provincial Park) -
park is located two kilometres south of Osoyoos off Hwy 97 onto 32nd Avenue.
- Goodman Park dog swimming area - located along Lakeshore Drive at Bayview Crescent and Lake Osoyoos.
- Gyro Park dog swimming area.
- Legion Beach dog swimming area (sandy beach, centrally located) - Kingfisher drive.
- Lions Park dog swimming area.
Parksville Dog Park - From Katrina A. - Springwood Park Dog Play Area
(fenced, running water, shelter) - located on Despard Avenue near Springwood Park.
Peachland Dog Beaches - Peachland doggy beaches
- The "T" Boat Launch Dog Beach - Hwy 97 & Princeton Ave.
- Strachan's Corner Dog Beach - stretches from the Boat Launch at 8th Street and east to the wharf at Strachan's Corner.
Penticton Dog Parks - Dogs in Parks: Off-Leash Dog Parks & Beaches in the City of Penticton
- City Yards off-leash dog area - 2088 Dartmouth Road
Fenced; small and large dog areas.
- Water Treatment Plant off-leash area - 1900 Penticton Avenue
Fenced; access from the pathway along Penticton Creek.
- Ellis Creek Park off-leash area - 100 Industrial Avenue West.
- Okanagan Lake Park Dog Beach - 45 Lakeshore Dr. E.
Fenced; off-leash beach area.
- Three Mile Beach - 802 Three Mile Road
Boating beach only; dogs are not allowed on the swimming beach.
- Skaha Lake on Lakeside Road - 4851 Lakeside Road
Fenced; off-leash beach area.
Port Coquitlam Dog Park - Dog Off-leash Areas in Port Coquitlam
- Downtown Dog Off-leash Area - Maple Street and Bury Avenue (downtown).
Fenced; double-gated entry.
- Shaughnessy Park Dog Off-leash Area - 3300-block of Shaughnessy Street, across from Chester Place.
Fenced; double-gated entry; wooded trail; seating; small dog area.
From Shannon K. - "Shaughnessy Park Dog Off Leash Area
is located at the 3300 Block Shaughnessy. Fenced off leash area is wooded with trails. Right next to main park trails along the river. Great for taking pet for a swim. Main
trails are supposed to be on-leash but many are dogs not. Just make sure dog is well behaved. There is a
separate area for small dogs."
Port Moody Dog Parks - City of Port Moody Off Leash Dog Parks -
most of these are unfenced, natural areas.
- South end of Hugh Street.
- Bert Flinn Park - Heritage Mountain Blvd at David Avenue.
Off-leash dog section is located on the gravel right-of-way west of the Heritage Mountain Blvd / David Ave roundabout.
- North end of Westhill Park - 203 Westhill Place.
- Rocky Point Park - 2800 Block Murray Street, next to Slaughterhouse Creek.
Fenced dog run.
Qualicum Beach Dog Parks - Dog off-leash areas in Qualicum Beach
- Across the street from the Qualicum Beach Airport entrance, at Rupert Road East and Bennett Road.
- Trails located behind the Qualicum Beach Civic Centre (access from the parking lot on the back corner).
Richmond Dog Parks - Dogs Off-Leash Areas
(see the map)
- McDonald Beach Park - 3500 McDonald Road.
From Heather - "McDonald Beach is located at
3500 McDonald Rd (McDonald and Grauer Road) in Richmond, BC, right next to the Vancouver International Airport.
It is an easily reachable location that is very dog friendly. McDonald Beach is a long strip
of shoreline that hugs the Fraser River. It provides wooded paths for walking on the colder,
windier days, and for the warmer, sunnier days, there are always people walking up and down
the beach with their dogs. The beach is pretty nice, sandy and rocky as well. I wouldnt
recommend trying to picnic there, or to sun tan, but its definitely a nice spot for some
doggie swimming! Facilities include dog bags, trails, and a boat launch."
- No. 3 Road Waterfront Park - South foot of No. 3 Road along Dyke Road.
- Shell Road and Horseshoe Slough Trails - starts near Woodwards Landing Park at 11551 Dyke Road, one block west of No. 5 Road.
- Woodwards Slough - 11551 Dyke Road, between No. 4 and No.5 Road on Dyke Road.
- City owned vacant lot in the East Richmond / Hamilton Area - Thompson Road
Take Westminster Hwy east over Highway 91 until you reach Boundary Road. Turn right on Boundary, then right at Thompson Gate, and finally left on Thompson Road. There is a Dogs Off-Leash sign on the right side of the road that indicates where the off-leash area is.
- Steveston Park - intersection of No. 1 Road and Moncton Street
Located beside the fenced baseball diamond at 4011 Moncton Street, south of the Steveston Hwy.
Sechelt Dog Parks - District of Sechelt Off Leash Dog Parks
- Brookman Park (Davis Bay) - 4574 Sunshine Coast Highway
- Creekside Park (West Sechelt) - 5661 Creekside Park
- Heritage Forest Trails (Sandy Hook) - Sechelt Inlet Road
- Hidden Grove Trails (Sandy Hook) - Sechelt Inlet Road
- Kinnikinnick Park (West Porpoise Bay) - 6200 Ripple Way
From Charles G. - "Kinnikinnick Park is located
on Ripple Way across from the golf course in Sechelt. This park has trails through old
growth forests that are marked and mapped... plus there is a open, well-kept with
sprinkler systems large fields and washroom facilities and hose and water for dogs...
our guests love to visit this spectacular off-leash park with miles of trails through
- Lynnwood Park (West Sechelt) - 6505 Lynnwood Court
Surrey Dog Parks - Dog Off-Leash Areas (from the City of Surrey website)
- Panorama Dog Off-Leash Area - 12863 - 60 Avenue
Small, fenced area.
- Clayton Dog Off-Leash Park - 7011 - 188 Street
Fully fenced; separate large and small dog areas; benches; water fountain for dogs.
From Debbie - "Clayton Dog Off-Leash Park
is located in Surrey at 70 Avenue and 188 Street. Fully-fenced small dog area separated from larger dog area
(also fully-fenced), dog bags, bulletin board, paved walking paths, tap, washroom, benches, logs, rocks, etc. It's
small dog-friendly and pet owner friendly."
- Dogwood Park - 13485 - 20 Avenue
Forested paths; main access the off-leash area is off of 20th Avenue near 134th Street.
From Denny W. - "Dogwood Park is located in Surrey at
13485 - 20 Ave. Fenced, dog bags, trail system, open fields, pond."
- Blackie Spit Dog Off-Leash Area - 3136 McBride Avenue
Fenced; shelter available; dog beach also in area.
- Kennedy Dog Off-Leash Area - 12171 - 90 Avenue
Fenced; includes open space & a forested area.
- Freedom Dog Park - 15452 - 84 Avenue
3 acres of open space; water tap; covered seating; note that dog park is NOT fully-fenced.
- Serpentine Dog Off-Leash Park - 12589 - 76 Avenue
- Tannery Park Dog Off-Leash Area - 10761 Dyke Road
Fenced; separated from the waterfront; grassy field and trails.
- Tynehead Regional Park Dog Off-Leash Area - 17200 Block of 96 Avenue (Hatchery Parking Lot)
6 acres; open space and a pathway.
Vancouver Dog Parks - City of Vancouver Dog Off-Leash Areas
- Andy Livingstone Park dog park - 89 Expo Boulevard and Carrall St.
Fenced; hours of 6am - 10pm.
- Balaclava Park dog park - located between Carnarvon St and Balaclava St at W 29th Ave and W 31st Ave.
Off-leash hours: 7am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm.
- Charleson Park dog park - 999 Charleson Street.
Off-leash okay year-round from 6am - 10am in the grass bowl area; waterfall pond area: off-leash only from October to May, or before 10am and after 5pm from June to September.
- Coopers' Park dog park - 1020 Marinaside Cres.
Off-leash only 6am - 10pm on the grass field east of the Cambie St bridge
- Crab Park at Portside dog park - 101 E Waterfront Road.
Water access; off-leash only on the east side of the park from 6am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm. Dogs prohibited within 15 meters of the playground.
- Devonian Harbour Park dog park - 1929 W Georgia St.
Off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm
- Dusty Greenwell Park dog park - 2799 Wall St.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm
- Emery Barnes Park dog park - Davie St. and Richards St.
Fenced, water fountain; off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm
- Everett Crowley Park dog park - 8200 Kerr St.
Off-leash okay all day on the inner trails
- Falaise Park dog park - 3434 Falaise Ave.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm EXCEPT in the area beside the school, which is off-leash from 5am - 8am.
- Fraser River Park dog park - 8705 Angus Dr.
Water access; west side: off-leash okay all day, all year; east side: off-leash okay all day October 1 to April 30; all other times / areas, dogs must be leashed.
- Fraserview dog park - 8101 Kerr St.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm in the area bordered by: Rosemont Avenue on the north, Kerr Street on the east, Vivian Drive on the west), and just south of the lane on the south.
- George Park dog park - 500 E 63rd Ave.
Dogs must stay 15 metres from the playground; off-leash otherwise okay from 6am - 10am and from 5pm - 10pm.
- Hadden Park dog park - 1905 Odgen St.
Waterfront access; May 1 to September 30: off-leash okay from 6am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm; October 1 to April 30: off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm.
- John Hendry (Trout Lake) Park dog park - 3300 Victoria Dr.
Water access; off-leash okay from 5am - 10pm between these boundaries: north end of the lake, the ball field on the west, the football field on the east, and the lake to the south.
- Jones Park dog park - 5350 Commercial St.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm; dogs must stay at least 15 metres away from playground.
- Killarney Park dog park - 6205 Kerr St.
Labour Day to June 14: off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm; June 15th - Labour Day: off-leash okay from 5am - 10pm; dogs must only be off-leash within boundaries.
- Kingscrest Park dog park - 4150 Knight St.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm; boundaries in effect.
- Locarno Park Extension dog park - NW Marine Drive and Trimble St.
Off-leash okay on the east side of the park from 6am - 10am; NO DOGS on the playground side of the park.
- Musqueam Park dog park - 4000 SW Marine Dr.
Off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm.
- Nat Bailey Stadium dog park - 4601 Ontario St.
Off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm on the west side of Ontario Street.
- Nelson Park dog park - 1030 Bute St.
Gated off-leash area; off-leash okay from 7am - 9am; NO DOGS inside the school yard fence.
- New Brighton Park dog park - 3201 New Brighton Rd.
Waterfront access; May 1 to September 30: off-leash okay from 5am - 10am; October 1 to April 30: off-leash okay from 5am - 10pm.
- Oak Meadows Park dog park - 899 West 37th Ave.
Designated off-leash area, 6am - 10pm.
- Queen Elizabeth Park dog park - 4600 Cambie St.
Designated off-leash area, 6am - 10pm.
- Quilchena Park dog park - 3590 Magnolia St.
Off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm.
- Southeast False Creek Park dog park - 215 West 1st Ave.
Off-leash okay in the NW corner of the park; separate fenced area for small dogs.
- Spanish Banks Beach Park dog park - 4900 NW Marine Drive, near Pacific Spirit Park.
Waterfront access; off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm.
- Sparwood Park dog park - 6998 Arlington St.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm.
- Stanley Park dog park - located off Lagoon Drive
Off-leash okay within the fenced, gated area in the shuffleboard court area from 7am - 9pm.
- Strathcona Park dog park - 857 Malkin Ave.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm within designated boundaries; second smaller off-leash area in the NE corner of the park.
- Sunrise Park dog park - 1950 Windermere St.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm within designated areas; NO DOGS in sports field or playground.
- Sunset Beach Park dog park - 1204 Beach Ave.
Waterfront access; off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm.
- Sunset Park dog park - 300 E 53rd Ave.
Off-leash okay from 6am - 10pm.
- Tecumseh Park dog park - 1751 E 45th Ave.
Off-leash okay from 5am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm; NO DOGS in the playground.
- Valdez Park dog park - 3210 West 22nd Avenue.
Off-leash okay from 6am - 10am and 5pm - 10pm.
Vancouver Island Dog Parks - Pets in Parks
Dogs are welcome in most regional parks and on the trails. Between June 1 to September 15,
dogs are only permitted to pass through (not stay) picnic areas and beaches on-leash. Some
parks require dogs to be leashed at all times; others allow dogs off-leash. Dogs must always
be under the owner's control whether on or off-leash. Please keep dogs on trails.
Vernon Dog Parks - Dog off-leash parks in Greater Vernon
- Becker Park (behind the parking lot for the Vernon Recreation Centre Curling rink).
- BX Ranch Park (fenced) 1.5 km east on BX Road from 46th Ave & Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Coldstream Valley Estates - Uplands Drive & Ridgemont Place in Coldstream.
- Creekside Park (designated area) 8101 Kidston Road.
- DND Grounds (designated area east of diamond #8) 2950 15th Ave.
- Forest Tree Plantation 0.9 km north on Bench Row Road, off Mission Road.
- Heritage Natural Trust Area (fenced area behind Heritage Park) 5025 Heritage Drive.
- Marshall Fields Park (designated areas) 6601 Okanagan Landing Road
From Christine K. - "Marshall Field is located in Vernon, BC, at
25th Avenue by the indoor soccer arena, just past the airport. There are open fields and a great trail system by the creek.
Follow the trail to the old Lakers Golf course and explore the trails there, then follow a short gravel road to Okanagan
Lake dog beach. Watch for the resident red-tailed hawk and blue herons."
- Mission Hill Park (fenced) 3900 15th Ave.
From Teresa K. - "Mission Hill park is located in Vernon, on 15th Avenue. The park is fenced, grassy,
treed, and dog bags are available. As well, the playground in the park has recently been fenced to keep dogs out."
- Morphet Dog Park (fenced) - Buchanan Road.
- Mutrie Road Park (fenced) located at the east end of 43rd Ave; turn right onto Mutrie Road.
- Pioneer Park 3501 35th Ave.
- Stenquist Park 9255 Heritage Lane & Paisley Drive in Coldstream
- Grey Canal Trail - designated sections are off-leash:
- Bella Vista/OK Hills - Vineyard Way;
- East Vernon - DeRoo Road;
- Coldstream Estates - Cypress Drive;
- Turtle Mountain - Turtle Mountain Blvd;
- Silver Star Foothills Silver Star Road.
Vernon and Area Dog Beaches:
- Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park Pet Beach - park at the end of Kidston Road; pet beach is a 10-minute walk. Dogs are allowed ONLY in the designated area at the eastern end of Cosens beach; they must be leashed in all other areas.
- Ellison Provincial Park Sandy Beach - park in the day use lot; the pet beach can be accessed via the trail leading out between campground sites 11 and 12. Dogs are NOT permitted in any other beach areas and must be leashed in all other areas.
Victoria Dog Parks - Paws in Parks Off-Leash Areas in Victoria
| Note: Each Paws in Parks site may have designated areas and times where dogs may be off-leash.
Dogs must be under control and owners must carry a leash.
- Arbutus Park (Burnside) - 2925 Washington Ave.
- Clover Point (Fairfield) - 1301 Dallas Point
- Alexander Park (Fernwood) - 1325 Bay Street
- Gonzales Park (Gonzales) - 1809 Crescent Road
- Pemberton Park (Gonzales) - 1855 Richardson Street
- Topaz Park (Hillside/Quadra) - 3000 Glasgow Avenue
- Redfern Park (Jubilee) - 1700 Block Redfern Street
- Oswald Park (Oaklands) - 3031 Cedar Hill Road
- Banfield Park (Victoria West) - 521 Craigflower Road
- Hillside/Songhees Park (Victoria West) - 40 Saghalie Road
- Victoria West Park (Victoria West) - 155 Wilson Street
Galloping Goose Trail System - spans 55 kilometres from Victoria to Sooke.
Dogs must be under control.
Whistler Dog Parks - Off leash dog parks (and a beach) in Whistler
- Alpha Lake - go south on Valley Trail to Creekside.
Special dog beach called "Arfa Park".
- Bayly Park Off-Leash Area - Cheakamus Crossing
- Rainbow Park - accessible by car from Alta Lake Road, or walk or bike from the Valley Trail.
"Barking Bay", located at the south end of the park, is a grassy off-leash area with dock access; dogs also permitted off-leash throughout the entire park before 10am and after 8 pm.
- Lost Lake Park - accessible from the Valley Trail, and walking distance from Whistler Village.
Dogs welcome at "Canine Cove", located 400 metres to the north of Lost Lake beach.
White Rock Dog Parks - The City of White Rock Off Leash Dog Area
- Ruth Johnson Park - located next to Centennial Park at 14600 North Bluff Road.
37000 square foot, treed and fenced off-leash dog area.
From Denny W. - "East Beach is located at Marine Drive & Parker Street in White Rock.
The beach area is accessed from Washington Avenue Grill parking lot. Great place to take dog especially when tide is low!"
Williams Lake Dog Park - From Sandy F. - "Boitanio Park dog park is located in Williams Lake, off Borland street behind the community centre.
Fenced dog parks, one for large dogs and one for small dogs. Dog bags are available, and there
is a bench for sitting. The park is partly treed."
Is there information that needs to be updated, or is your favourite dog park missing from this list? Tell us about it!
Please note: we do not list private or membership-based parks.