British Columbia is famous for its stunning scenery, from beautifully wooded
areas, to sparkling lakes and oceanside vistas. It's no wonder dogs love it (and
their people too)! Dog-friendly BC dog parks include
not just the trails meandering through provincial and natural parks, but also
off-leash parks and even dog beaches too. So get out there and have fun!
Do you know of a dog park in your local area that doesn't appear on this list?
Please let us know!
This list is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed
to be so. Park regulations may change from time to time.
Dog Parks & Beaches in British Columbia (BC)
- Burnaby Dog Parks - Off-leash areas
- Campbell River Dog Parks - Penfield West Dog Park
- Coquitlam Dog Parks - Off-leash dog areas
- Cultus Lake Provincial Park (1.5 hours from Vancouver) - Dog Beach - Shale Beach (on-leash)
- Galiano Island Dog Park - From Ralph M. - "Galiano Island, BC has many dog-friendly trails
and areas that dogs can roam both on and off leash. Greys Peninsula in Montague Harbour
Marine Park allows dogs on leash. It is a 30 minute walk along the waters edge on a
well marked trail. Bodega Ridge is a 35 minute hike along a ridge which ends in a
panoramic view of Trincomali Channel and Saltspring in the distance. Galiano's country
roads lend themselves to off leash walks with well trained dogs that will return on command."
- Kamloops Dog Parks - Dog-friendly parks
From Tricia S. - "Ord Road dog park is on Ord road around the corner from the Airport in Kamloops, BC.
It's the Largest FENCED off-leash dog park in Kamloops. The park is treed, and has easy parking, dog bags,
Aberdeen dog park is on Pacific Way, just up the hill from the Costco intersection in Kamloops.
It is a fenced off-leash dog park in South Kamloops with a separate fenced area for the little guys.
It's treed and has dog bags and water.
There is also a smallish downtown Kamloops fenced dog park.
It's at the intersection of River street and 10th Ave, across the street
from Charles Anderson Stadium/Exhibition Park. Easy parking,
and for those who can take their dogs off leash outside the fence,
it's right beside the trail system related to the Thompson River.
Pioneer Park,an easy leashed walk from the fenced park has a
- Kelowna Dog Parks - Dog parks (both on and off-leash)
- Nanaimo Dog Parks - Dog Off-Leash Parks | Off-lead areas from NanaimoDogParks.ca
- Osoyoos Dog Parks - Haynes Point Provincial Park - dog beach
- Parksville Dog Park - From Katrina A. - Parksville Dog Park
- Peachland Dog Parks - Dog beach (located at the boat launch at the bottom of Princeton Avenue)
- Port Coquitlam Dog Park - From Shannon K. - "Shaughnessy Park Dog Off Leash Area
is located at the 3300 Block Shaughnessy. Fenced off leash area is wooded with trails. Right next to main park trails along the river. Great for taking pet for a swim. Main trails
are supposed to be on-leash but many are dogs not. Just make sure dog is well behaved. There is a
separate area for small dogs."
- Port Moody Dog Parks - Off-leash dog parks
- Richmond Dog Parks - Dogs Off-Leash Areas
From Heather - "McDonald Beach is located at
3500 McDonald Rd (McDonald and Grauer Road) in Richmond, BC, right next to the Vancouver International Airport.
It is an easily reachable location that is very dog friendly. McDonald Beach is a long strip
of shoreline that hugs the Fraser River. It provides wooded paths for walking on the colder,
windier days, and for the warmer, sunnier days, there are always people walking up and down
the beach with their dogs. The beach is pretty nice, sandy and rocky as well. I wouldn’t
recommend trying to picnic there, or to sun tan, but its definitely a nice spot for some
doggie swimming! Facilities include dog bags, trails, and a boat launch."
- Sechelt Dog Parks - From Charles G. - "Kinnikinnick Park is located
on Ripple Way across from the golf course in Sechelt. This park has trails through old
growth forests that are marked and mapped... plus there is a open, well-kept with
sprinkler systems large fields and washroom facilities and hose and water for dogs...
our guests love to visit this spectacular off-leash park with miles of trails through
- Surrey Dog Parks - From Denny W. - "Dogwood Park is located in Surrey at
13485 - 20 Ave. Fenced, dog bags, trail system, open fields, pond."
- Vancouver Dog Parks - Off-leash dog parks | Spanish Banks West (beach) | Sunset Beach
- Vancouver Island Dog Parks - Pets in Parks
From Rob R. - "Check out our website for directions and maps of various off leash parks on Vancouver Island."
- White Rock Dog Parks - From Denny W. - "East Beach is located at Marine Drive & Parker Street in White Rock.
The beach area is accessed from Washington Avenue Grill parking lot. Great place to take dog especially when tide is low!"
- Victoria Dog Parks - Off-leash parks and beach | Galloping Goose Trail System
- Whistler Dog Parks - Off leash dog parks and dog beaches
Is your favourite dog park missing from this list? Tell us about it!
Please note: we do not list private or membership-based parks.