Alberta is home to the spectacular Rockies and an abundance of natural areas
that are perfect for exploring with your dog. Dog parks in Alberta
can be found throughout the province - some require dogs to be leashed, others are
leash-free, but in all cases, dogs must be under the owner's supervision and
Do you know of a dog park in your local area that doesn't appear on this list?
Please let us know!
This list is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed
to be so. Park regulations may change from time to time.
Dog Parks & Beaches in Alberta
- Banff Dog Parks - Fenced, 1.5 acre off-leash dog park
- Calgary Dog Parks - Off-leash dog parks | Big Hill Springs Provincial Park
- Canmore Dog Parks - Quarry Lake Park off-leash area
From Diane V. - "There are two off-leash parks in
Canmore. One is right at the junction of the #1 Hwy and the #1A Hwy
(not the nicest) and a much better one on the road to the Nordic Centre
near Quarry Lake on the left."
- Cochrane Dog Parks - Off-Leash Parks (scroll down the page)
- Edmonton Dog Parks- Off-leash park sites
From Pam O. - "One of the best dog parks in Edmonton is the Buena Vista -
Great Meadow dog park. Just drive to the Edmonton Zoo, and instead of turning
right to park in the zoo parking lot, turn left to park at the off-leash dog
park. Miles of trails, fields and parts along the river for swimming dogs.
Another popular place for dog people."
- Grande Prairie Dog Park: From Greg S. - "Hi, there is a great dog park in
Grande Prairie. It is located in South Bear Creek Park just
southwest from the intersection of 68th Avenue and 100 Street."
- Jasper Dog Park: From Melody E. - "Jasper has an off leash
dog park within the townsite. It is a small park on the corner of
Elm Avenue and Pyramid Lake Road."
From George K. - dog park located at Bonhomme and Elm in Jasper.
Facilities: fenced, dog bags.
- Red Deer Dog Park: From Pam O. - "There is a Red Deer off-leash dog park
called Three Mile Bend located on Riverside Drive North. It is a huge place,
some parts along the river, very popular with dog people.
From Cheryl - "The Oxbow's is located at the south end
of of 40th Avenue, just inside city limits. Dog bags, fenced, no water source, agility area."
- St. Albert Dog Park: From Ardythe H. - "The
Lacombe Lake Dog Park
has a swimming area, dog bags, trail system, is partly fenced, and has picnic tables."
- Wetaskiwin Dog Park: From Anne-Marie W. - "Peace Hills Park is
located on the west side past the golf course at the bottom of the hill. Facilities:
natural trails; multi-use park; marsh/footbridges. Great place to socialize your dog
and get some exercise! There is also a parking lot with a place for picnics, kids to
- Hiking with Your Dog in Kananaskis Country
- Banff and Jasper National Parks: dogs must be leashed at all times.
Is your favourite dog park missing from this list? Tell us about it!
Please note: we do not list private or membership-based parks.